White breech plug with replacement nipple

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SUCCESS !!! Liner in plug .Sittin in the shictangle now on the woods edge overlooking some winter wheat fields where they meet along edge . Out on a small point . Lite Breeze into face . Nice spot . Can look into hardwoods and field . Snowed last night , lightly . MANY , Multiple tracks where they been entering about 75/80yds away . Near Milan . Tag is for "bone heads" . Wish me luck........Sideshow

Last edited:
Doe's showed up but no boyfriends . Cold and hungry . Will try again tomorrow . Found 3 fresh scrapes that STINK LIKE TARSNAL......:woohoo:
Factory savage vent liners are .031 by the way . Dont know why doc's plug did that . That flash hole area sure was hard !!! Glad i had cobalt 5/32 drill bits !!! I had to use a 5/16 82° countersink too . Happy to have found it . I guess it got me out here anyway but bestills plug is nicer i think . Got options .
Saw 2 different nice bucks chaseing doe . Too many trees and moveing too quickly hot on em . 12 doe in front of me right now eating winter wheat . Being pigs about it too . Deer sure like green and growing best . Several white oaks close by and they could care less . Acorns all over . Squirrels on them heavy......makes me want a 451 !!!! Lol !!!
Hope this thing will fire if i get a chance . Didnt test it--'--i know the kamanick.... boy isnt THAT scary.......ttyl

Factory savage vent liners are .031 by the way . Dont know why doc's plug did that . That flash hole area sure was hard !!! Glad i had cobalt 5/32 drill bits !!! I had to use a 5/16 82° countersink too . Happy to have found it . I guess it got me out here anyway but bestills plug is nicer i think . Got options .
Saw 2 different nice bucks chaseing doe . Too many trees and moveing too quickly hot on em . 12 doe in front of me right now eating winter wheat . Being pigs about it too . Deer sure like green and growing best . Several white oaks close by and they could care less . Acorns all over . Squirrels on them heavy......makes me want a 451 !!!! Lol !!!
Hope this thing will fire if i get a chance . Didnt test it--'--i know the kamanick.... boy isnt THAT scary.......ttyl
It’ll fire. Go get em!

If legal I would shoot a doe or three. Sounds like they need to be thined out some an taste alot better!
Good luck!
Id love too but no tag for doe . Gotta be a buck , spike or better . Not picky , season ends after sunday . First chance --- BANG !!!

I have a doe tag and have seen plenty. Just haven't seen a big mature doe. Lots of young ones. Got til January 1rst.
I hunt in PA. There’s a severe coyote problem in the area which may be part of the problem?? Even opening day I bet we heard less then 8 shots all day and the closest was pretty far away.
Last year my one grandson shot a doe with a bow. We decided not to follow and came back 3 hrs later only to find the coyotes got to it first. There was nothing left of that doe. I mean nothing!!

I feel your pain Ed. I shot a small doe along with another(we can kill two in one day this year). I couldn't find that deer to save me, no blood, nothing. I knew it was hit hard, mule kicked an ran into heavy brush/briars. It got dark an was cold so decided to try next morning. I found what was left of it, both hind legs an side were gone an whatever varmit it was had scratched leaves/brush on top of it to try to hide it. Still upset with myself for giving up on it...Its to the point now you can't leave a deer overnight!

We have a lot of locals who hunt the coyotes around here. That keeps them thinned out pretty good. We are even seeing a few red fox again. They had practically disappeared once we started having coyotes.

I hunt in PA. There’s a severe coyote problem in the area which may be part of the problem?? Even opening day I bet we heard less then 8 shots all day and the closest was pretty far away.
Last year my one grandson shot a doe with a bow. We decided not to follow and came back 3 hrs later only to find the coyotes got to it first. There was nothing left of that doe. I mean nothing!!
I got a friend with a trail camera on his place . At the very rear border is a coyote den . 42 fawns all total were eaten during 1 week in the spring for feeding coyote pups . State of TENNESEE did a study and found 40% of fawn births are eaten by coyotes . We got a problem.......

I got a friend with a trail camera on his place . At the very rear border is a coyote den . 42 fawns all total were eaten during 1 week in the spring for feeding coyote pups . State of TENNESEE did a study and found 40% of fawn births are eaten by coyotes . We got a problem.......
Did that happen here in MI or down in Tennessee?

Latest posts

Back