White Deerstalker

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all .50 are 1:24 I believe, No-Excuse or Bullshop Conicals are good ones. They will also shoot sabots very well if you so desire.

I know the twist is 1-24" As far as bullets, I would contact Bullshop Bullets. I think Doc liked the 465gr Conicals for the 50cal. I would probably have them sized to 504.5 from Dan at Bullshop.

This is my first white. Any comment suggestions. Mostly I have traditional sidelocks (TC) or bolt type inlines(ruger remington) converted to BH209.

I would contact Dan at Bullshop. Like I mentioned earlier I believe Doc White preferred the 465gr conical for the 504. As far as powders. Doc always preferred Pryodex P, but 777 or Swiss 2F or 3F are also great powders. With P you won’t get the famous Crud Ring like you do with 777. Plus P is a lot cheaper to shoot and you will find you can shoot a lot more at the range without having to swab your bore. I would also recommend putting a 54 cal Felt wad (Yes 54 cal wad) between the powder and bullet. You can do a search on MM for wads. IdahoLewis has a great Youtube video on the merits on using a wad. Then again you can go to Youtube, search for IdahoLewis and scroll down until you find his video on Wads. I think you will find you will get better accuracy if you order your bullets from Bullshop and have them sized to 504.5. They will still go down your bore easily .
Let us know how you make out and ask away with any additional questions you may have.

Back