White g series

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudyk

Reaction score
Anybody use bh 209 in their white g series. I am going to get the 209 breach plug and give it a try

Plunger style rifles are on the do not use with bh209 list. I know Cayuga had a primer stick in his forehead back when bh209 first came out. I am happy not using it.

Just had some, but it sounds like not worth the risk
What powders are you guys using

I emailed doc a few days ago and he said bh209 was the best in the g series
And the primer conversion was 120.00

After experimenting with many different powders in my Whites including BH209. I have come to the conclusion that Swiss 2F or 3F is the way to go with my Whites. I sold my 209 BP for one of my Whites and now use No 11 exclusively. Excellent ignition and accuracy. No mis or hang fires.
I find it to be an easy, clean, simple and consistent system.
Other conclusions may vary.

Last edited:
After experimenting with many different powders in my Whites including BH209. I have come to the conclusion that Swiss 2F or 3F is the way to go with my Whites. I sold my 209 BP for one om my Whites and use No 11 exclusively. Excellent ignition and accuracy. No mis or hang fires.
I find it to be an easy, clean, simple and consistent system.
Other conclusions may vary.
As much Swiss as I have for my rb guns I never tried it have so much to try when I retire !

Back