White g series

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you’ll you will find your sweet spot from 65-75gr of powder.

With three different Whites my results have been ezactly what Ed says. 65 - 75 T7 FFF
and you will find success.
I'll even go further. It doesn't matter the projectile, as long as its a quality bullet.

I like 80gr T73Fg in the .451 and 90gr T72Fg in the .504, but then I'm shooting bigger lead. 480gr BS in the .451 and 496gr. Trashcans in the .504

You may want to try 60gr someday to see if your accuracy improves. 60gr of 777-3F is more than enough to harvest any Whitetail 150 yds or less. My grandson at 9yrs old harvested his first doe about 45-50 yds with a load of 50gr of 777-3F with a 345 HP Gould bullet and she died where she was standing.

Last edited:
What is a plunger type rifle?
It's similar to a bolt action without the bolt. Instead it has a nob on the back of the receiver that cocks the gun when you pull it back far enough. As an example the Knight LK93. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think they're also called a slam fire.

You may want to try 60gr someday to see if your accuracy improves. 60gr of 777-3F is more than enough to harvest any Whitetail 150 yds or less. My grandson at 9yrs old harvested his first doe about 45-50 yds with a load of 50gr of 777-3F with a 345 HP Gould bullet and she died where she was standing.
I've tried 60grs and found 65grs best when using 240gr/xtps and 70grs when using my 460 grs (home made) all using T7/FFF.

Thanks for the tip Ed.

Latest posts

Back