White hot pellets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenDoggie

Reaction score
I am new to muzzleloaders. I ordered White Hot pellets and when they arrived the tubes had all gotten uncapped and the pellets were loose in the bottom of the box. I was able to save 10 tubes out of the 12. My question is if it is safe to use the ones that are broken or should I just discard them. I don't think it is safe to grown them up, like with a pestal and mortal, to use as loose powder, but if I am wrong let me know. Thanks very much.

I'm new to this myself, but do not use broken pellets. Do not grind them, either. Use only the whole pellets.

Mook

Discard the broken ones or shoot them as a lighter load. Don't mess with grinding. And when you seat the bullet/sabot do not lean on the ram rod. Just set the bullets firmly but don't crush the pellets.

I am new to muzzleloaders. I ordered White Hot pellets and when they arrived the tubes had all gotten uncapped and the pellets were loose in the bottom of the box. I was able to save 10 tubes out of the 12. My question is if it is safe to use the ones that are broken or should I just discard them. I don't think it is safe to grown them up, like with a pestal and mortal, to use as loose powder, but if I am wrong let me know. Thanks very much.
Online purchase? What store was it from?

I understand the appeal of pellets but they have limitations. You can develop a more accurate load with loose powder.

Thanks Muley. That is what I learned from reviews but wanted to try the pellets also since I am new to this muzzleloader shooting. I want to learn how to cast bullets like my cousins in Texas later but need to do research to find out what tools I need.

Broken pellets are not any good. Most pellets are not the same weight wise also so don't count on accuracy.

WhiteHots are one of the most expensive options per shot and speed is mediocre. Keep them well sealed in something. Never use a broken pellet for a actual load. Original Triple7 pellets are a little cheaper and maybe more common at local vendors. They are also a little faster than Whitehots. Alliant BlueMZ pellets are rebranded Whitehots dyed blue. Im under the impression Alliant is no longer going to offer some ML propellants so watch for those on closeout sales IF you end up liking Whitehots.

I personally dont care for pellets.

Back