White javelina

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doc offered to build me a new one when I asked him to fabricate a set of Javelina stocks for my Optima V2 pistol. I declined because I could not get him to give me an approximate cost. He is charging $700.00 plus for a new .50 caliber Bison with a Criterion barrel. I figured a laminate stock , 2 recoil lug, 15" barrel, .50 caliber, Javelina with iron sights, and a set of steel scope bases would set me back at least $1,200.00.

So, I elected to modify my Optima V2 pistol. When it leaves Doc's shop, it will move 20 minutes down the road to LR Customs for a MZ REX 2 Muzzle brake.

That's a killer Javelina pistol, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doc offered to build me a new one when I asked him to fabricate a set of Javelina stocks for my Optima V2 pistol. I declined because I could not get him to give me an appropriate cost. He is charging $700.00 plus for a new .50 caliber Bison with a Criterion barrel. I figured a laminate stock , 2 recoil lug, 15" barrel, .50 caliber, Javelina with iron sights, and a set of steel scope bases would set me back at least $1,200.00.

So, I elected to modify my Optima V2 pistol. When it leaves Doc's shop, it will move 20 minutes down the road to LR Customs for a MZ REX 2 Muzzle brake.

That's a killer Javelina pistol, by the way.
Thanks it's a good one and serial#001 even better I got lucky just asked doc out of the blue about 10 years ago it had a few issues I took care of doc welded a square recoil lug on it and I glass bed it of course it's a shooter big time ! I tried to sell it a ways back but no one wanted it for the money I was asking oh well I'll just keep it !

Back