White Lightning SG series .504 caliber trigger assembly

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 24098

Reaction score
I have a White Lightning SG series .504 caliber that I bought new in '94. The gun has worked flawlessly up until last hunting season when the trigger assembly locked up on me. I contacted Don White and shipped him the trigger assembly, but unfortunately it can't be repaired. I purchased a Timney tigger from him that he said was a "drop in", but when I received it there was a letter included that stated it needed "minor modifications".

I also emailed Steve Brown a few times to see if he had a spare one, but haven't heard back. So I'm looking to purchase one if anyone has one. Thank you.

I had Doc White replace my S91 original trigger with a Timney earlier this year. He didnt say if it was a drop in or anything. Didnt get the old one back but he said it was non-reparable, too.

I had Doc White replace my S91 original trigger with a Timney earlier this year. He didnt say if it was a drop in or anything. Didnt get the old one back but he said it was non-reparable, too.
The company that made the trigger assemblies for Doc was Bolt. They're no longer in business and parts are no longer available. Doc told me that he has another style of Timney trigger that will work in mine if I don't like the trigger pull on the one he sent. More than likely it needs "minor modifications" as well. I'm hoping to just send it back, get a refund, and pray I find an original replacement.

The timney triggers are not drop in he pulled that crap on me too ! Did you give yours a good cleaning and readjustment ?

The timney triggers are not drop in he pulled that crap on me too ! Did you give yours a good cleaning and readjustment ?
I tried cleaning it as best I could. I loosened the two trigger adjustment screws to see if I could get it to work, but the trigger was still locked up. I'm going to see if he will send the original trigger back to me in case I can find someone that may be able to repair it.

I tried cleaning it as best I could. I loosened the two trigger adjustment screws to see if I could get it to work, but the trigger was still locked up. I'm going to see if he will send the original trigger back to me in case I can find someone that may be able to repair it.
Bold triggers are tough to find see if you can find a cheap parts gun and get the trigger not sure how many spares I have I'll check

Latest posts

Back