White Musket Breech Plugs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Guys, I know everyone who uses #11 caps use a Capper to put the #11 cap on the breech plug nipple. I'm curious as to how many DWB's use a Musket capper to put on Musket Caps or does everyone use their fingers like me.

Guys, I know everyone who uses #11 caps use a Capper to put the #11 cap on the breech plug nipple. I'm curious as to how many DWB's use a Musket capper to put on Musket Caps or does everyone use their fingers like me.
Wish i had a plug to try them actually Ed . Kinda wish Whites had nipples a guy could change . Think it was a cva(?) Plug i got the mag spark in. Not nearly as good quality but it wasnt $50 either . Just sayin.....
Maybe one day i will get a musket nipple for it and see . Heres a question for you--- how do you guys get a #11 nipple slimmed down so the cap will go all the way on ??? My cci mag #11s wont go on all the way . Sandpaper isnt working hardly at all to slim it down . Is it the cap or the nipple fault . That plug is HARD !!! I got a musket capper and id use it . Big hands .

Last edited:
Fingers here also, tried them in a Whitetail but didn't see much advantage to em. I think I used my fat fingers because I don't have a capper for them. I'm pretty sure I got the breech plug from a Super 91 that I bought a few years back. Don't use it.

I thought i saw plugs on Whites website with removable nipples?
http://whitemuzzleloading.com/on-sale/
New-Model-NBPlug.gif

He has the Lyman peep also
BisonIdahoSpeciaCloRtAction.gif

I don't Ed, unless I want to light a cigar. Do you like using them? Hope you are feeling better!

Does anybody use Musket Caps with their Whites?
I dont have a white plug Ed for muskets . Only the #11 . Maybe i should get another cva(?) Alot less$ , but the quality isnt there , and a nipple for muskets . I have a musket capper . 777 may like that better in December .

I dont have a white plug Ed for muskets . Only the #11 . Maybe i should get another cva(?) Alot less$ , but the quality isnt there , and a nipple for muskets . I have a musket capper . 777 may like that better in December .
Ed i dont know how to send you "breach plug grease" pa marshall's post on inline muzzleloading . I cant even figure out how to pm you . What i wrote is pretty long . Do you know how to do this ??? Maybe download it first ??? Im lost.......i want to help you just dont know how . # 16 is the one actually i wrote more too further on down . Im so very sorry for letting you down .

Last edited:
Does anybody use Musket Caps with their Whites?
Ed glad we were able to get in touch !!! Thank you for being open to try the permatex thread sealant !!! Hope you like it as much as i do !!! Shoot all you want . No More dirty threads ever !!!

Can you help me with my nipple that caps wont go on all the way ?? Is it the nipple or tbe CCI mag #11 fault ?? Will #11 work with 777 2 or 3f ?? Sbould i get a musket cap plug before December mz is here ?? Youre greatly appreciated . Thank you....

Hot #11 caps work fine with 777, better with 3f but will work with both..more then likely your nipple is a little over sized, just take some emery cloth and sand it down a bit at a time until your cap goes on snug.

Hot #11 caps work fine with 777, better with 3f but will work with both..more then likely your nipple is a little over sized, just take some emery cloth and sand it down a bit at a time until your cap goes on snug.
Thanks !!!

Can anybody suggest a product to use on my breech plug threads to keep them from seizing????

Can anybody suggest a product to use on my breech plug threads to keep them from seizing????
The permatex thread sealant with ptfe # 80632 available at a auto parts is the best ive ever found flounder . NOTHING reaches the threads EVER . Cleans up decent too . Pull your plug in and out and no need to reapply till you clean it up completely . No matter the powder no matter how many shots either . It is KING in my book. Ed's trying it now !!! Look at pa marshall's post on breach plug grease in inline forum . I posted about it there and i tell how i use it . Its NEVER let me down , for over 20yrs.

Last edited:
Never heard of it! ;););)
I bet not !!! If i had the money i swear id rebottle it and clean up !!! I discoverd it years ago . I dont think inside the box flounder , never have . I dont think you would ever regret trying it . It does what i say . Best ive ever found and no.need to look further for me . Ive worked for Nascar teams , Miss Budweiser Hydros , etc and made changes and discoveries that have won Championships in nearly every form of motorsports . Fluid Dynamics is my game . Stuff had better perform !!!!!!! 2nd place is not acceptable . This stuff that i say is king , IS KING !!!

Never heard of it! ;););)
Especially for a gun like a White , nothing is gonna beat it .!!! Think of it as a DWB exclusive . I blurbed it out here on my first post !!! --A few new ideas.....i waz so EXCITED to have found you i just could hardly sit still like a little kid !!! No kiddin !!!

Ed,
use musket caps on a majority of my Whites....Whitetails, Blacktail, T-bolt, super 91's in .451 & .504
plug lube is a large can of Never Seize I've had forever. It will out live me! lol
hope you're recovery is going well!

Latest posts

Back