White muzzleloader help needed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remiel

Reaction score
So this fell into my lap today, a white w series super safari, rusted, and loaded, I need a disassembly guide before I start work on it

Attachments

• 20221008_164415.jpg
    20221008_164415.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
This is where it's at now

Attachments

• 20221015_153534.jpg
    20221015_153534.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20221015_153538.jpg
    20221015_153538.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
OMG 🤬 That pisses me off seeing such a great ML neglected like that. Let us know how you make out. Can you at least unscrew the plunger? You probably can get replacement parts from Marlowe who took over for Doc when Doc passed away. Another source for a Breech plug is a forum member by the name of Bestill. He sell Breech plugs with a much better grade of steel than Doc used and you you can switch between #11 or Musket caps.

OMG 🤬 That pisses me off seeing such a great ML neglected like that. Let us know how you make out. Can you at least unscrew the plunger? You probably can get replacement parts from Marlowe who took over for Doc when Doc passed away. Another source for a Breech plug is a forum member by the name of Bestill. He sell Breech plugs with a much better grade of steel than Doc used and you you can switch between #11 or Musket caps.
That will be the next step after I determine bore condition

Bolts apart, Breech plug is still stuck, added more kroil and now it's wait and see again

Try inserting it in hot water for awhile. Ther try your socket wrench to remove it
I might try that, I was thinking of a way to heat up the area without hurting anything, tomorrow though, I spent all day upgrading the radiator in my dad's plow truck, that and I just put some more kroil on it.

Now that u have the chunk of lead out of it throw a couple caps on it and see if it’ll fire…I’ve had that be enough heat to break it loose on previously purchased abused Muzzleloaders.

It looks like the same breech plug as my Whitelighting. I remove them using a 3/8" socket. Kroil has always worked for me.

Back