White Rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nit Wit

Reaction score
Hunting season is closed here in Maine. I hunted the last week of muzzle loading season with my G series Whitetail in .451. Back in the 90's four of us bought consecutive numbered Whitetails in .451. 3 digit serial #'s. I have mine, Dale has his but he needs a trigger. My cousins Jimmy and Joe died to young from excess alcohol and drug use with a great lack of discipline. I have no idea where their rifles are. My rifle still comforts me with memories of successful moose and deer hunts. A nice non-typical hangs on my wall. It fell from a lyman hand cast 490 grain bullet as he was loping in front of me. The rifle has always been topped with a 4x Redfield wide view scope. Jimmy did shoot an 803 lb(dressed out) bull moose. We were Northwest of Moose head lake above Rockwood. It was the day OJ Simpson was declared not guilty in his trial. That was a great hunt, we were hunting out of my camp in Greenville Maine(photo). It was a great week and we created great memories with family and friends.
I fired her this afternoon, and hit what I was aiming at! As I took her apart and cleaned her lots of memories came back to me.
Thanks
Doc, you built one heck of a rifle!
Nit Wit

Attachments

• thumbnail_20211114_074812.jpg
    thumbnail_20211114_074812.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 27
Hunting season is closed here in Maine. I hunted the last week of muzzle loading season with my G series Whitetail in .451. Back in the 90's four of us bought consecutive numbered Whitetails in .451. 3 digit serial #'s. I have mine, Dale has his but he needs a trigger. My cousins Jimmy and Joe died to young from excess alcohol and drug use with a great lack of discipline. I have no idea where their rifles are. My rifle still comforts me with memories of successful moose and deer hunts. A nice non-typical hangs on my wall. It fell from a lyman hand cast 490 grain bullet as he was loping in front of me. The rifle has always been topped with a 4x Redfield wide view scope. Jimmy did shoot an 803 lb(dressed out) bull moose. We were Northwest of Moose head lake above Rockwood. It was the day OJ Simpson was declared not guilty in his trial. That was a great hunt, we were hunting out of my camp in Greenville Maine(photo). It was a great week and we created great memories with family and friends.
I fired her this afternoon, and hit what I was aiming at! As I took her apart and cleaned her lots of memories came back to me.
Thanks
Doc, you built one heck of a rifle!
Nit Wit
Evening Nit Wit:
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story and in reading your story I thought of the memories that I have made with my son and grandson while we were hunting deer here in Indiana. While I have only enjoyed the White rifles of mine for a short time ( I discovered the White rifle late in my life ) I have given both my son and grandson a White of their own and hope that they both make memories of their own with their White rifles!!! And I totally agree with your statement " Doc, you built one heck of a rifle"!!!
Thank you Nit Wit for posting your memories and spurring me to relive some of my hunting memories.

Steve

Evening Nit Wit:
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story and in reading your story I thought of the memories that I have made with my son and grandson while we were hunting deer here in Indiana. While I have only enjoyed the White rifles of mine for a short time ( I discovered the White rifle late in my life ) I have given both my son and grandson a White of their own and hope that they both make memories of their own with their White rifles!!! And I totally agree with your statement " Doc, you built one heck of a rifle"!!!
Thank you Nit Wit for posting your memories and spurring me to relive some of my hunting memories.

Steve
Steve, you know how I feel about my 451 White Rifles. So much so I gave one to each of my four Grandsons all of who have harvested deer with them. Hopefully, after I'm gone they'll continue to take good care of them so they can pass them on to their children.

Steve, you know how I feel about my 451 White Rifles. So much so I gave one to each of my four Grandsons all of who have harvested deer with them. Hopefully, after I'm gone they'll continue to take good care of them so they can pass them on to their children.
Yes I do and I feel the same way!!!

Back