White Thunderbolt and Knight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most that buy and sell here are honest folks I haven't heard of many bad experiences

most that buy and sell here are honest folks I haven't heard of many bad experiences
Yes this particular guy thought I was Amazon and he had prime shipping didn't even give me a chance and I had a issue with fed ex if my mind serves me right any way the guy needed some Warne bases I think for a thunder bolt and he acted like a A-hole so I don't sell my parts anymore so you can thank him for that ! I'm going to look it up and find out who he was I can't remember off top of my head ?

500 steal,average I bet 600 to 700 depending on condition and what's included. I have turned down 650 a couple times .

How much is the one you found ,those are purely my thoughts based on what I was offered for mine . Being mine is black iced with several breach plugs ,ram rods ,lyman site and weaver bases I suspect I'm on the higher end .

Wont share what I paid sorry but to say it was a very good price. I've built bought and sold quite a few whites and I have already been offered quite a bit more than I paid. Mine is all original practically new has original warne bases and everything else that came with it and serial # under 100 I would think the black ice might I say might hurt the value in this case due to the rarity not sure but I will say they are worth what we are willing to pay in the end if you want something bad enough and you have the funds !!

I'll add docs initials are engraved in mine as he worked on it . I've yet to see black ice hurt any value in a gun even a tbolt. Maybe its me but you seem very secretive on cost and where you bought it etc. I believe I paid 600 for mine with a weaver 3x9x40 grand slam scope on it a few years ago. I would have to double check to be 100% sure.

Either way you have a fine gun ,welcome to the club .

I'll add docs initials are engraved in mine as he worked on it . I've yet to see black ice hurt any value in a gun even a tbolt. Maybe its me but you seem very secretive on cost and where you bought it etc. I believe I paid 600 for mine with a weaver 3x9x40 grand slam scope on it a few years ago. I would have to double check to be 100% sure.

Either way you have a fine gun ,welcome to the club .
Yeah sounds like doc probably accurized it or owned it as a buyer my only concern about black ice is someone trying to cover "up" some damage or rust I dont mind black ice or in my case I've had some of mine nitride treated but they are engraved symbols so I don't lose that part of the "value" it's all good though I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do I'm planning on my 600 grain slugs these whites love heavy slugs ! Sorry about being "secretive" that's just the way I am for the most part besides if I told you I paid 300 for example and tried to sell it for a 1000 most people would gauk at that so that's why I do that as far as who well I dont want anyone to get in front of me when it comes to a good deal or great find !!

Yeah sounds like doc probably accurized it or owned it as a buyer my only concern about black ice is someone trying to cover "up" some damage or rust I dont mind black ice or in my case I've had some of mine nitride treated but they are engraved symbols so I don't lose that part of the "value" it's all good though I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do I'm planning on my 600 grain slugs these whites love heavy slugs ! Sorry about being "secretive" that's just the way I am for the most part besides if I told you I paid 300 for example and tried to sell it for a 1000 most people would gauk at that so that's why I do that as far as who well I dont want anyone to get in front of me when it comes to a good deal or great find !!
Doc did accurize it,said it was one of the nicer ones he has seen. I black iced only to protect things, let alone the action is sooooooo smooooooth. I like shooting bull shops 460gr in mine but I'll admit its been a safe queen the past few years . Shoots 300gr xtp in sabots very good too.
Me personally hold nothing against you if you paid 300 and sold for 600. Either way no worries trust me . Since buying mine and I think I out bid sharp shooter, I have yet to see another for sale.. Aside from the grand alaskan I think the tbolt is the rarest. I have a s91-11 that has never been fired ,like you said worth as much as one wants to pay . I know some hate the tbolt due to the reduced length fire pin in early mods. Bat chief can elaborate but i love mine .

Looking forward to a range report . Did you say 451 or 504 ,mine 504.
Steve

Last edited:
It's a .504, I like black ice I did one of my super safaris in black ice great finish. I had the chance to buy docs grand alaskan before he put it up for sale but I just didn't want to spend the money at the time I really didn't want to buy the t-bolt or the carbon rifle I really don't need any more rifles or guns in general my interests and hobbies are changing a bit right now I bought a motorcycle and my best buddy past away and left me his bike. I shoot on a muzzleloading league but we dont shoot inlines just sidelocks here's a pic of the safari in black ice

Attachments

• 20150514_163042.jpg
    20150514_163042.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 10
600-650 for a tbolt would be a steal. In know of three recent sales that were a 1000 plus. There are deals out there if you hunt. A lot of people don't have a clue of what any White is worth although prices are down right now.

If I'm going to shoot any White, black ice/ nitriding is a plus. IMO If its a collector piece it needs to be as low a round count and as close to stock as posible.

Back