White Tominator turkey load questions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdc2

Reaction score
I was fortunate to find a White Tominator due to help from a member on this board, now I am trying to find out whatever load info I can so I can aquire some supplies. I have a few questions so please have patience. First off I will be recieving the factory X-full choke tube along with a modified and improved tube as well. From reading I believe the X-full is a lead only tube.
My questions are
1. Can TSS turkey loads be fired safely out of this gun with the factory X-Full choke with proper shot cups.
2. Are any other companies choke systems compatible with the thread pattern/bore diameter of the Tominator that may produce a TSS safe choke tube to fit the gun
(for example Rem-choke, Browning Invector etc )
3 Can anyone supply me with with data on both a TSS load if deemed safe, and a lead load including what components are used for wads, overshot cards etc..
Hoping to possibly try it out this season....Any help is appreciated.

I have a White Thunder 12 ga. basically the same as Tominator w/o the laminate stock. Thunder stocks are either Myrtle or Birch wood. I only have the X-full choke that came with my gun. I do have a couple of chokes I bought years ago from Hastings Inc. that made chokes for White shotguns, not sure if they still do.
As far as TSS loads that would be a Doc White question to be sure and safe. I have only used my shotgun with #6 magnum lead shot on squirrels it is my go to small game killer, especially for long shots after the leaves have gone in the fall months.

I can check the packaging on the Hasting chokes in the morning if you wish to see if any mention if TSS loads are safe or not...

The hastings chokes all say lead shot only, there are Carlson TSS compatible extended turkey chokes readily available for the Hastings CT II platform, I may look into a Sumtoy or Indian Creek

The hastings chokes all say lead shot only, there are Carlson TSS compatible extended turkey chokes readily available for the Hastings CT II platform, I may look into a Sumtoy or Indian Creek
Trulock makes TSS chokes in Hastings II. I have one on my Tominator.

Back