White value

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwm

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what a fair price is for a white g series 451. I have a chance at one , I just have no idea what it’s worth. it’s supposed to be in great shape.thanks

If in great shape, I'd say $3-400 for ball park price. Laminate or composite stock, condition of the breech, if it has scope mounts or not(they are hard to find).
I look at the ramrod jag to check condition, some don't care, but it tells me how many times the gun was shot and if taken care of.
How much is the asking price?

A "fair price" is some combination of what you're willing to pay and what the seller is willing to take.

So, offer $150.00. If the seller agrees it's a fair price for him. If he doesn't agree it's his turn to name a price. Then you get to decide if that's a fair price for you.

The only time you need to figure out and pay the average going rate is when the seller is a personal friend.

I can’t imagine offering less than $250 for one in good shape.

I disagree. If a seller isn't willing to put a price on his goods, a potential buyer is free to offer any price, even a very lowball one.

Of course, it's a different ballgame if you're dealing with a friend.

Thanks guys, I don’t know anything about whites, he’s not a good friend just a guy I know.he told me make an offer , I know it will be fair .it seems these are good guns , but I no zero about them and their value, I wouldn’t mind having one in my stable

For some reason I was thinking this was a good friend. Guess I read that in to it by mistake. If not, then let the negotiations begin, maybe at $150.

Latest posts

Back