WhiteLightning sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive got this Whitelightning that has iron sights on it. Does someone currently make a peep or ghost ring for it? Or is there just used and NOS?

I believe I bought one years ago for a white but never put it on, is an XS sight system model low weaver backup ghost ring aperture sight, includes.191 and .230 apertures

I bet, (not my dog this time), that that is the newer aluminum Lyman 57. The older steel sights can be found and are preferred.

Williams Gun Sights has an FP-H&R that supposedly has the same hole space and hangs off the left side so it may work. I can return it if not. They're less than an hour from my work. I think that Lyman won't work on the Lightning.

Please let us know how it worked out. I have a lightening that I can’t get the rear sight low enough. I have to shoot FINE bead to hit at 50. I’m really wanting a quality peep on it.

I am using a Williams slide and glide WRGS on mine and a Williams ramp with Fiber Optic bead and fire sight hood

IMG-1349.jpg

FSHood.jpg

I'm using a Nikon 3x9x40 sight on my Whitelighting. I like your camo job sabotloader you did a much better job then me, but it was my first try at it.

I'm using a Nikon 3x9x40 sight on my Whitelighting. I like your camo job sabotloader you did a much better job then me, but it was my first try at it.

I can not take credit for the camo... It was already applied when purchased the rifle...

I have had it so long I can not even remember where I got it. It is the last of my Whites!

I can not take credit for the camo... It was already applied when purchased the rifle...

I have had it so long I can not even remember where I got it. It is the last of my Whites!

I have camo on both of my Whitelightings. Second one a much better job.

Well i had to drill and tap the WL for the WILLIAMS FP sight. Turned out pretty good. I bought a Williams screw kit with drills and taps in it. Took it completely apart and lined it up with a laser square then center punched the spot. Drilled it with a lil benchtop drill press. Ran the tap thru and cleaned it up. Took about an hour including making a tiny notch in the stock for the sight corner.
20191220_195809_HDR.jpg
20191220_195809_HDR.jpg
20191220_195840_HDR.jpg

Back