Whites for sale on other sites

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one beautiful rifle! I just love that stock! I can tell it's an earlier model due to the tab on the side to release the Plunger and it comes with a Musket Breech Plug. I think it has a Criterion bbl on it and they were shooters.

If that was the only rust that would not be a problem as I would replace the entire Breech Plug with Jeff Bestill's version of White Breech Plugs with removable #11 or Musket Tresco Nipples. This way when the flash hole gets too large, for $5-6 dollars you can replace it with a Tresco nipple of your choice.

Jeff Fisk of Bestill Creations offers new plugs . Doc White also lists new ones .
Sorry about the thread hack but does Bestill Creations have a website? Can't seem to find one--just some FB links and I don't do FB.

Being you posted on White's for sale forum. You may want to ask Jeff about his White Breechplugs with removable Nipples. His breech plugs are made of harder stainless steel. I think they are 7-28? They will come with your choice of either the Tresco #11 or Musket Nipple. When the flash hole of the nipples wears out which should be well over 200 shots. You can replace them for $5.00 - 7.00 depending on where you order them from. I need to order at least one more from Jeff so all of my White ML's have them. I may order one additional one to have on hand in case one of my grandsons somehow ruin one?

Back