Whites for sale on other sites

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Contendernut on GB has those three rifles priced right. I can't believe guys are bidding up that pitted/corroded .504 whitetail but passing on unfired .451's for a difference of 75 bucks. Some guys here need to buy those rifles. They won't be disappointed. I'd buy but I don't do "G" series rifles anymore. I have eight rifles all "W" series.

I'm assuming you are responding to the ad for the .451 S91. I agree that the rifle is not worth the buy it now price. I will go a step further and say IMO it's not worth the starting bid. There is rust on the base screws and if they were not taken care of topside you know there is rust under them, also if you look closely at the breech area you can see some discoloring there and possible scoring/pitting on the hammer. It's missing the factory sling, and rear sight. I would like to see a lot more pics before I placed a bid on that rifle.
After all that being said, the reason I even posted that rifle is because it's about the third or fourth time it's been listed. Makes you wonder.
I got my rifles mixed up.

I don't know much about thunderbolts but to me it just looks like a normal model 98 elite. It does look clean

Art that is a true M98. I know Doc like the Super91. But he told me a couple of times the M98 was a better rifle with the extra square lug and heavier straight tapered bbl. I know I love mine with the Super Safari stock.

Do those scope mount holes look funky or my eyes going bad

To me they looked like there were opened up some and stripped out ?? Again maybe these old eyes are plain old .

Guys must be stupid to pay that kind of money based on 4 worthless pics of the gun that show nothing about the bore, etc.

Back