Whites for sale on other sites

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I just found out they want to jack the prices of fishing and hunting licenses in Massachusetts. To almost double what it is now. Plus from $5.10 to $20 for a muzzleloader stamp. $5 to $20 for turkey tags. And $5 to $20 for anterless deer tags. This is getting ridiculous. They're blaming it on license sales dropping. From what I heard, license sales were up, due to the pandemic and more people wanting to get out of the house.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210304-162900_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-162900_Drive.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20210304-162900_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-162900_Drive.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210304-163807_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210304-163807_Drive.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 4
I haven't even shot my Tominator yet and it's already going to cost me more to hunt with it. Can't find #11 percussion caps anywhere. I've called just about every store I know in the state and some in New Hampshire. With no luck at all.

Sent from Washington state to Massachusetts with insurance. I wouldn't have believed it, until I saw it with my own eyes.
There's two shipments on there and the one for $70 is for 2-day priority. You could've done 3-day or another less expensive delivery and it wouldn't have been $70.

I looked online for percussion caps, also. HOLY CRAP!! :oops: I'll check out a local place for you on Monday. They should have some. If they do, I'll message you. This is getting ridiculous!

Thank you! I really appreciate you looking for me! You're absolutely right. It is getting really bad. I had a great and very generous member on here message me, that is going to send me some of what they have, which I appreciate more than I can put into words. I'll at least be able to get a little target practice before turkey season starts, to see what this Tominator can do. I'm really excited for that!
I can see rim fire ammunition being hard to come by. That I can understand. But I never knew there were that many people that shot muzzleloaders out there for there to be a shortage on black powder, percussion caps, and 209 primers. That just baffles me.
I understand people being afraid of the Dems in office taking their guns away, with the recent administration change. But are people really afraid that they're going to take away their single shot muzzleloaders too? LOL I live in Massachusetts. Which has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, next to California. And it's never even been talked about here, for people to worry about that.
I don't see myself needing more than a tin of 100 or so of the #11's to last me quite some time. It takes so long to reload a muzzleloader, that I'm not going be shooting off 100 rounds at the gun range in a day, or even in 1 whole season. And I'm not really looking to hoard them and add to the shortage, when there's plenty of people out there in the same boat I'm in.
I really want to thank all of the members here. You've all been great with advice and help. And if there's anything I can do for any of you, I certainly will. I'm a firm believer in paying it forward.

Shaun check out Illinois price list

Residency : Resident ‎(10)
Resident Hunting License
$12.50​
OnlineVendor List100
Resident Lifetime Hunting License
$360.00​
Paper804
Resident Lifetime Sportsmen's Combination Hunting/Fishing License
$765.00​
Paper805
Resident Senior Hunting License
$6.50​
OnlineVendor List105
Resident Senior Sportsmen's Combination Hunting/Fishing License
$13.50​
OnlineVendor List225
Resident Sportsmen's Combination Hunting/Fishing License
$26.25​
OnlineVendor List200
Resident Deer Firearm Lottery Permit Application (Either Sex)
$25.00​
OnlinePaper3/09/2021
Resident Deer Firearm Lottery Permit Application (Antlerless Only)
$17.50​
OnlinePaper3/09/2021
Resident Deer Firearm Lottery Permit Application (Either Sex & Antlerless Only)
$42.50​
OnlinePaper3/09/2021
Resident Deer Muzzleloader Lottery Permit Application (Either Sex)
$25.00​
OnlinePaper3/09/2021
Resident Deer Muzzleloader Lottery Permit Application (Antlerless Only)
$17.50​
OnlinePaper3/09/2021
Resident Deer Muzzleloader Lottery Permit Application (Either Sex & Antlerless Only)
$42.50​
OnlinePaper3/09/2021
Resident Deer Firearm OTC County Permit (Either Sex)
$25.50​
Vendor ListSales Begin 10/19/2021
Resident Deer Muzzleloader OTC County Permit (Either Sex)
$25.50​

Resident Fall Turkey Archery Over-the-Counter (OTC) Permit
$5.50​
1-888-673-7648Vendor ListOTC only 8/4/2020 thru 1/17/2021
Resident Fall Turkey Shotgun Lottery Permit Application
$15.00​
OnlinePaper5/1/2020 thru 8/24/2020
Resident Landowner (POH) Permit
$0.00​
PaperCurrently available
Resident Spring Turkey Lottery Application
$15.00​
O
Electronic State Habitat Stamp
$5.50​
OnlineVendor List1-888-673-7648970
Electronic State Migratory Waterfowl Stamp
$15.50​
OnlineVendor List1-888-673-7648600
Federal Migratory Waterfowl Stamp (may be purchased at US Post Offices or selected DNR offices)
$25.50​
1-888-673-7648900
Inland Trout Stamp
$6.50​
OnlineVendor List1-888-673-7648750
Lake Michigan Salmon Stamp
$6.50​

I guess I've just been used to paying the same prices every year. In their defense... They haven't had a price increase here in 25 years. It's just sticker shock when it's going to cost me more than double than it did for this year. That's if their proposal gets approved. I'm hoping they can agree on something, somewhere in the middle. I don't mind paying a little more. But more than double from one year to the next is a little outrageous.

I didn't ship it. I was the buyer. And I know there's 2 different shipments on that slip. Mine was the 2nd one, on the bottom.
I know. But if you compare yours to the shipment above yours, you'll see that going with 3-day Priority vs 2-day priority would have saved you a lot of money.

I understand. IL jacked the price of the sticker for my boat trailer(14'). It was $18 now it is 136. A lot of people just stopped paying for them. the ticket is only 120 and if you by one after you are ticketed they will drop the ticket.

Shaun.....I went to my local shop, and they had NOTHING! Owner says even HE can't get any! This is crazy!!

Yeah. It seems to be the same everywhere, regardless of what state you live in. I really appreciate you looking for me though. I'm going to keep looking. And if I find any, I'll let you know. I'm just not understanding this shortage. I never knew muzzleloaders were that popular.

Has anyone here ever tried the DIY make your own #11 percussion caps? I can't find any reviews on it, which makes me leery.

The way it works is...

You buy the die cutter (about $50) and use a cut up aluminum can, to make the #11 cap casings. Then you buy a primer mix (about $20), that comes in 4 separate powders. You mix it, following their instructions. Place a measured amount in each #11 casing. Then put a drop or 2 of acetone to activate the hardener. You wait overnight for it to dry. And the next day you have your own #11 percussion caps.
It says you can also re-prime 209 primer caps by reusing the old casing. Just clean it, before adding the new primer.

Has anyone here ever tried the DIY make your own #11 percussion caps? I can't find any reviews on it, which makes me leery.

The way it works is...

You buy the die cutter (about $50) and use a cut up aluminum can, to make the #11 cap casings. Then you buy a primer mix (about $20), that comes in 4 separate powders. You mix it, following their instructions. Place a measured amount in each #11 casing. Then put a drop or 2 of acetone to activate the hardener. You wait overnight for it to dry. And the next day you have your own #11 percussion caps.
It says you can also re-prime 209 primer caps by reusing the old casing. Just clean it, before adding the new primer.

With my fat fingers and bad eyes, I think I'll pass.

The primer powder says there's enough mix to make roughly 2,000 #11 percussion caps. Once you buy the die cutter, the powder is the only thing you'll need. So it works out to being $0.01 for each #11 percussion cap, just for the primer powder. That's IF that statement is accurate. I just don't know how reliable the caps are once they're made. The powder mix supposedly has a 20 year shelf life. I don't see myself using 2,000 percussion caps between now and the time I kick the bucket. LMFAO Even still, adding in the cost of the die cutter at $50, and the primer powder at $20. It's $70 for the first 2,000 #11 percussion caps. Which works out to be $0.035 each cap, $3.50 for 100. Not too bad. IF they actually work the way they advertise they do, and IF you actually get 2,000 out of each package. Too many IF's, not enough answers. LOL

I've watched the video. I think it would be hard to make them all a consistent strength. Why not get it and let us know how it works?

Latest posts

Back