Whites for sale on other sites

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking rifle, I can't do justice to the ones I have now so i only buy bargains that I can't pass up.

If one wants GunBroker prices take it to GunBroker. I've seen used .451's go for 1400 on GB, so who is to say what it's worth. This is a factory SS with a SS serial number unlike most SS's that are converted S91's.
i thought that they all started as S91s. I didnt realize he built SS specific guns. If i really wanted it(as a collector) i guess that might make it a more reasonable price.

That bison not brand new cant stand it when people do that look into the end of muzzle looks fired and not cleaned properly

I buy and sell lots of ML's. Of the ones I buy online, I have to get them cheap due to the fact that 75-80% of them have junk barrels. Sellers always claim "clean, rust free, like new, unfired" but in most cases it's bs. It's not limited to online. Just recently I went to a nationally known gun shop in MI. who advertised a ML that had a "pristine" bore. Of course when I showed up with tools to pull the bp, they got pissed about me wanting to pull it. They finally relented, and after pulling the plug (it was rusted, dirty, pitted, worn out) there was the most wonderful pitting around where the top of the powder column would be plus sporadic pitting up and down the bore. Of course they claimed no knowledge of the pitting. I passed on the rifle after they refused to lower the price with a junk barrel (I wanted it for parts). The MANAGER told me that they were almost out of rifles and that it would sell at that price. I feel sorry for the poor SOB that buys that POS, and shame on the shop for deliberately misrepresenting the condition of the rifle and screw a customer.

I saw that gun before your post. I'm seeing rust an scratches at the end of the barrel and in front of the breech. Hard to see the breech area with the hammer on the nipple. Price is up there for it's condition, my opinion. I would have to see the bore in person, which isn't shown...It is a .451 caliber tho...

i contacted the seller,

"There was light rust developing on the bore and the action. We have since cleaned it and the bore looks good now but there may be some pitting remaining."

It's amazing how many people try to sell stuff without cleaning it then they say just needs a good cleaning how bout you clean it first or better yet take care of your stuff if I look at something to buy and it's not taken care of its see ya !

Latest posts

Back