whitetail hunter and no excuses-powder help!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
03mossy said:
I'd try backing the powder down. Try 65 or 70 grains. You may be pushing then to fast and leading things up

Works like a champ!!!! Got my elk yesterday. Went all way through her. My dad and uncle both laughed when I said you all told me to back down to that load. Accurate and deadly!!!!!

got any pictures, recovered bullet maybe?

bkwheat28 said:
03mossy said:
I'd try backing the powder down. Try 65 or 70 grains. You may be pushing then to fast and leading things up

Works like a champ!!!! Got my elk yesterday. Went all way through her. My dad and uncle both laughed when I said you all told me to back down to that load. Accurate and deadly!!!!!

bkwheat28 said:
03mossy said:

65gr of T7 FFFg with a 460gr is more powerful than the original 45/70 or 50/70 loads. Probably more like a 45/90 load actually. Obviously thats plenty to kill an elk or even bison.

No bullet....complete pass through. Was hoping to recover one to see but I’ll take the results. No pictures....I’m too computer illiterate to figure out how to add them here :)

I've watched guys use lead sleds at the range. They can't get the same grip as using sandbags. They all complain they cannot get gun in zero.

No bullet....complete pass through. Was hoping to recover one to see but I’ll take the results. No pictures....I’m too computer illiterate to figure out how to add them here :)
IMG_3842.JPG IMG_3841.JPG Here is a 464 gn shot from my Whitelighting into the chest of a 8 point deer.

Back