Who has .58 conicals … Biggins!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfricaDouble

Reaction score
I cast Ball (280gr)and the Lee R.E.A.L Bullet (445gr) Both at about 8-9 Bhn. They shoot very accurately out of my double.
Was hopeful someone cast big old bruiser 600 gr. As I have some Rhinos in my garden.

Holy Macaroni! Is that a 830gr .58 projectile !?!?! Woe, That is some chunk of lead.

Thanks for the information 👍

Ps. 360 Sabot- looks like a huge pellet

LOL Find a piece of hard steel, copper, metal, rod. Cut it to length and fill the hole. If you want really good penetration use steel. A little less use lead. Custom modify your bullets. Kill anything from Rhino to T-Rex.

If Projectile has a cavity at tip, Filled with anything… that would assist in the hollow point being opened.
There are two schools of thought to this. I’m of the solid school, and a slightly harder Bhn than pure lead.

I have a shiloh mini mold that does 520 grn bullets only made a few so far and have yet to shoot them

Those HP's look awesome, and I gotta give them a try. My old RCBS 58-500 Minie has accounted for a slew of hogs though.

Latest posts

Back