Who has experience with GPO’s Passion 3x scope?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nearly $450 for a Chinese? made 3-9x42? You can buy a MeoPro R for that much $$$.
I’m kind of amazed how you seem to know where every scope made, is made, right down to the factory it comes from! 😎

I can get the GPO for considerably less than list $, but I don’t have the same hookup with Meopta. I wish Meopta’s were not so heavy.

What of the upper end offerings from GPO, are they worth it?

No, im not sure if that model is Chinese or Philippine made. Their high end stuff is from Japan. The only MeoSport R listed sofar is 23oz. Ive heard they may offer others too but who knows when thats gunna happen. I think Sightron might have something in the works too because they have discontinued a few models already.
https://meopta.store/collections/meosport-r/products/meosport-r-3-15x50-rd

So far my comparison with it is just looking out my back door, compared to a Leupold VX3 HD 2.5-8x36 on top and a Tract Toric 2-10x42 on the bottom.

I set each scope on 6x and was looking across my yard, to compare field of view and what not. The GPO and Leupold were near identical and about 3 feet wider view than that of the Tract at just under 100 yards.

Overall edge to edge clarity is very similar between them with a very small noticeable chromatic aberration ring around the outside on all 3 scopes. Image clarity is slightly better on the GPO, but it’s brand new out of the box, whereas the other two could have dusty lenses from hunting with them. But all in all they are very close in terms of what you see.

As for the size, the Leupold is obviously the smallest, but not by very much over the GPO, and the Tract is both heavier and longer than the other two.
The turrets on the GPO are mushy and not nearly as tactile and sure as the Leupold CDS-ZL or the Tract. Hands down the Tract has the best turrets.

9C8EF869-36DE-4D18-B122-232B028571A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Another thing, I compared these three scopes after sundown until about 35 minutes after sundown to see how they do in low light.
The surprising thing to me was that the Tract lost its resolution quicker than the other two, despite it having Schott glass and costing nearly twice the amount of the others.
The Leupold had the smallest objective while being set at 6x and 36mm obj.
GPO was at 6x42
Tract also at 6x42

So all three had plenty of exit pupil or whatever for viewing low light.
GPO was the clear winner in terms of brightness and ability for my eyes to see detail well past legal shooting hours.
Leupold was a pretty close second, followed by the Tract.

Now if I could just combine the best attributes of each of these into one scope, that would be one fantastic optic.

Latest posts

Back