Why In-Line Muzzleloaders?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so similar to the trolling on archery sites from people who shoot traditional long bows on people who prefer compounds. I use both and I make my own longbows and recurves. I depend on getting 2 or 3 deer a year to keep my family in meat so I will use whatever gives me the best chance at getting them and still keeps me within the law. I have an expensive compound that I use every year until I have at least one deer. Then, I may take my stick bows out. If season is drawing to a close and I still don't have my 3, I will break out the shotgun. Muzzle loaders give me an extra week and no other weapon is allowed, not even a bow. So, I have a CVA wolf I can use during that week. Why in the world would I use less then the most efficient weapon that is legal to get meat for my family? That would just be silly in my mind. I use to make fun of people who had to use a scope but nature has a way of humbling you. I can't even see iron sites now. I don't need sites at all for 50 yard shots or closer but if I do need sites for a longer shot, I need a scope now so I understand scope shooters. Getting old sucks but it largely beats the alternative.
Sounds like we would do well hunting together ,I have little use for purists telling others what to use for their enjoyment . Mine is eating meat and sometimes short range is not possible or loads of opportunity so I go with what works (for me) ,starvin pilgrim just doesn't work for me !/Ed

Sounds like we would do well hunting together ,I have little use for purists telling others what to use for their enjoyment . Mine is eating meat and sometimes short range is not possible or loads of opportunity so I go with what works (for me) ,starvin pilgrim just doesn't work for me !/Ed
Hell yeah, if you ever find yourself in NC during deer season, give me a call or pm me or something. Butner Falls on the Neuse game lands is a decent sized piece of state owned real estate (415 acres) with a lot of big deer on it. Here in NC, Game lands are basically game reserves open to public hunting. Some of the harder to get to parts probably don't see as much hunting pressure either. BFN is pretty close (maybe 30 min drive) but there are other game lands scattered throughout the state totaling several thousand acres altogether to choose from as well as some private land I have permission to hunt.

Back