Why no knife forum ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat Cat

Reaction score
Guess I'm used to the traditional forum. Just seems odd no edged weapons listed here. Somebody here has got to like knives. I'll try to post one of mine . This is my daily carry knife, Horizontal sheath, very comfortable and handy. What do you carry or use? What's your favorite and why?15617770425432831149551347213876.jpg

My favorite toad poker is a Buck 110. Great quality and price. Has never let me down.
That's an absolute classic, several have passed thru my hands over the years excellent quality , rugged reliability. Don't have one at the moment but your comment reminded meIMG_20190629_113716569.jpg of one I still do have from that era. Here's my Browning from years gone by.

Top is Austin gray Flint ,the others are striped obsidian.

Great looking knives you got there Fat Cat.
Growing up during my high school days we lived across the road from the shop of the famous bladesmith Bill Moran. He was such a mild mannered ,modest and unassuming man. Never realized how famous and well respected he was in the knife making world until I became an adult.

Wow is all I can say. He was a master bladesmith of the highest caliber. Wish I had an example of his work.
Kori Wood stone knives is who made the Flint and obsidian knives, he even makes the pitch to hold the blades in the antlers. The only credit I can claim is the design of the bone handle knife I first posted. We produce 4 sizes of that knife, IMG_20190604_201824013.jpg 2 in Damascus and 2 in D2.

Tell you what. Ive looked over the idea and i will bring it up in the mod/admin section. I have little interest in a dedicated sub section for knives but....You are right...Many hunting type forums have a knife section. I see no problem having one too.

Thank you sir that would be awesome! Guns and knives seem to go well together. Couldn't begin to guess how many Gun and Knife shows I've attended. Both have been a lifelong interest of mine and I'm sure others. It would be fun to explore some of the famous makers and see examples of thier work. Of course I totally understand it's not the main focus of this forum nor should it be however it would add another element of interest and possibly even bolster membership. Thanks again for considering the idea. Fat Cat

Good idea , I'll give it a go. Please understand I'm brand new to this forum so I'm a not sure what kind of response I'll get. But there has to be some knife guys in this crowd. The possibilities are almost endless and sometimes related to firearms ie: bayonets ,trench knives and the like. Collectable knives of every sort and description. Swords , military and otherwise. Bowie knives. Well you get the idea. Practically endless supply of material to discuss. Let's give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks ,I'm away from my desk and working from my phone, may explain why I didn't see the template.idk.
Hope this works I think it would be very interesting and educational.

This is a Frederick Bizon made knife.
American citizen who lived in Mexico and produce a limited number of knives from the 1950s through the 1970s . Some of which found thier way to Vietnam with US GIs. They are scarce and sought after by collectors.
Oddly Fred didn't make sheaths so a mis matched sheath is the norm.IMG_20190630_113906839.jpg

Nice looking knives. Why does that last one have the curved indent near the handle?

Hi Angie,
To be honest I'm not sure, it's seen on some of his other knives. But not all of his work has that notch. The handle is similar on a lot of his work. He made some with a very long blade similar in style to this example but without the notch. I'll try to locate some pictures.

That latest knife looks dangerous. Almost like a short sword.

Latest posts

Back