Win. 209 sticking in breech plug.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I order from them quite often. They have a distribution Center in NJ and since I live on Long Island ground shipping is like Next Day delivery for me. I usually order some other stuff at the same time though. They are good to deal with, at least they have been for me. I can see if you just order one small thing that the UPS shipping would be troublesome. i don't think they ship with USPS at all though, would be good if they did for small lightweight stuff.

Ya, the next day shipping really wasn't necessary but they did show up today. I think they could put them in an envelope and mail them .Maybe take an extra day or 2 but who cares. I will order over the phone next time and maybe they can do that.

I always make try to have a bigger order when I order from them.I think you may have gotten charged their minimum charge.Shipping not too bad on bigger orders.There are places a lot worse than $9.00

I regularly ship stuff, 1-2lbs, UPS, at my job. Anything I ship to a residential address costs me $12.80. whether across the street or across the state.

Even USPS has a box that you can pack as much weight in as you can for $7.50 or so. Even 2 bags of the O-rings wouldn't weigh much more than a book of stamps.

I use to work in a Gun Shop, we found out years ago USPS is always the most cost effective way of shipping.

postage was for sure high.always helps to call if u have problems ,usually it will be rectified

If its an issue of a carboned up primer pocket, use a .22 or .25 cal brass cleaning brush dipped in solvent to clean the pocket. Works pretty slick. A .30 cal brush works good in either of the 209 replacement plugs available when trying to clean that deep pocket on the powder side.

I use a tiny port brush wrapped in cloth. You will need something a tad more abrasive than JBs or a way to chuck it up in a drill/electric screwdriver. 17cal bore brush wrapped in a cleaning patch and a dab of something like valve lapping compound gets it done fast.

In my savage, if a 209 gets stuck, I just re cock the bolt and pull the trigger. The firing pin usually knocks the primer loose

I’ve never had one get stuck in any of my other mzs

Did the orings solve the problem? I ordered some today. :)
I have used the oring since day one in my new Accura. I just assumed that it was gonna leak. Put one in that Accura you bought with a 209 primer and close the action, if you cant cock the hammer then you need to slam the barrel closed just a little bit harder. 40 shots thru my Accura and it still looks new in the breech.

I have used the oring since day one in my new Accura. I just assumed that it was gonna leak. Put one in that Accura you bought with a 209 primer and close the action, if you cant cock the hammer then you need to slam the barrel closed just a little bit harder. 40 shots thru my Accura and it still looks new in the breech.

Okay thank you. I'll be sure to do that and you said the load you used and yours was TMZ290, 90grv bh209, 209A? I guess that should be a good place for me to start.

I should have dropped back sooner. I personally think the o rings are snake oil. I tried em , NO workey! Bought a NEW BP. Still no work! I just learned to carry my spent primer remover on the lanyard with my bullet starter. Not saying they don't work, they just don't work for me. I'm gonna try a Lehigh BP next. Your results may vary. I use Win blue box primers and even mic'd them to be consistent. No luck!

I should have dropped back sooner. I personally think the o rings are snake oil. I tried em , NO workey! Bought a NEW BP. Still no work! I just learned to carry my spent primer remover on the lanyard with my bullet starter. Not saying they don't work, they just don't work for me. I'm gonna try a Lehigh BP next. Your results may vary. I use Win blue box primers and even mic'd them to be consistent. No luck!

Thanks for the input. At least I know they arent a magical cure for everyone. It does sound like it helps to prevent leaks. I'll make sure to have the primer remover handy

Latest posts

Back