Winter Stinks!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it doesn’t stink here..... What a beautiful place I live in. Snow 20 minutes away, but 40-50 degrees right here!View attachment 6876
I dont mimd the snow . Personally i would MUCH rather have it than big bigs like scorpions & cock roaches and snakes !!!! I lile green trees , grasses , crop fields ,lakes , just the whole northern scene . Snowmobiles are a blast and so is bunny hunting in the snow !!!! Glad you like it there , but its not for me.......

I don’t mind Winter for the most part, in fact I’d MUCH rather Shovel Snow than Mow Grass, But it Starts to wear on ya when it gets like this though

GXZDpIRm.jpg

ejselPWl.jpg

I don’t mind Winter for the most part, in fact I’d MUCH rather Shovel Snow than Mow Grass, But it Starts to wear on ya when it gets like this though

GXZDpIRm.jpg

ejselPWl.jpg
Oooh that’s too cold. We had a week of below zero a couple years ago. Probably actually 4 or five. Snowed 8” and stayed around for a couple of weeks. As an A/C furnace man, that sucked. Every heat pump that broke down that week was on a dang roof. Climbing up there in the dark and tying off to the stand so you don’t take a header off the roof, made me rethink my career choice.... I definitely envy your summer weather but, I wouldn’t trade our winters for anything!

Where I live is much like sdporter's spot. Downtown is 700' elevation, so it rarely gets very cold and if it does actually snow it doesn't stay very long. Everywhere out of town is up and it is a short drive to go snowmobiling, hunting, or take the kids sledding. I couldn't give up snowmobiling, it is an addiction that rivals black powder shooting.

I’m in Michigan it’s 54 degrees
And pouring rain
And I’m in a leg cast from Achilles’ tendon surgery December 19
I’m going buggy!
I need to get to the range!!
28° up here with freezing rain. About 1.5" of snow fell last night, but they're expecting 6 to12" before morning after more freezing rain.

And...…… its moving east ;)

For tonight: Snow, mainly after 7pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy blowing snow before 4am. Low around 14. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 10 inches.

And...…… its moving east ;)

For tonight: Snow, mainly after 7pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Patchy blowing snow before 4am. Low around 14. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 10 inches.
That got me outta work early today

60 today, 64 tomorrow, 66 Sunday, then down to 40 on Monday. If you don't like our weather, wait a minute, it'll change. The last few days have been close to 70 with no precip...

Back