Wireless trail game camera

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We switched from Bushnell (SD cards) to Spypoint Micro LTEs this year and they have worked great. We are very fortunate though in that we have a Verizon tower one mile from where we hunt. The pictures can get a little grainy but they work for what we want...Activity, especially before, during and after the rut. For $150 dollars you can get the camera, mini SD card (required) and one of the security boxes. The transmission plan is 100 per month free, 250 per month $5 and 1,000 per month for $15. We only had to up the plan to the $5/250 two times this season.
Yeah, the picture is grainy.

The property I hunt is hunted by another gentleman and his son and he put up wireless trail cameras all over the farm this year
He texted me and asked me if I would like the access information to his cameras so I wouldn’t have to go out and pull cards on mine. Can’t beat that!!! Of course I said yes.

Big bonus as I don’t have to be going in and out of the area pretty much for anything other than hunting
He has the Muddy brand and they take awesome pictures. I haven’t seen any poor quality pictures at all from October 1 to current.

I have been using a Spypoint Link Micro going into my second year now and have had good success with it. I bought an external antenna with a long coax & mounted it on top of a 10 foot pole & secured it to the tree the camera was on. It improved my signal considerably. I have it set to transmit pics to my phone once a day to conserve battery power. I paid $120 for the camera on sale online. Regular price is around $150. You can get more expensive Spypoints but the Link micro works just fine for me.👍
Yes, but the pics are transmitted low res to save cell time, if you see a pic you like, you can request the HD version on the cam be sent on the next transmission. (on my version, maybe all are not the same?). Although my Cam shows 1-2 bars at it’s spot in the woods, seems to work just fine. Lasts a very long time on Energizer Lithium AAs.

Latest posts

Back