With .22LR available.......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that exact holster for my Ruger with the red dot. Retention is very good. It’s not as pretty as a good leather holster but gets the job done.
Good to know. Comp-Tac I guess doesn't have one specific to the Buckmark but this one will work. Leather is nice but, I've used these before and prefer them.

ENCORE50A I have been shooting a lot of .22 out of a Ruger single 6 and a Buckmark both with stock sights. I have been toying with the idea of a reflex on my Buckmark because of cataracts. I guess they take some getting use to. The other day I tried about 6 handguns some with redots, reflex sights and stock and fiber optic. I shot the S&W Victory the best it had green stock fiber optic sights. I picked them up very well. Maybe I will try some on the Buckmark. Good day

ENCORE50A I have been shooting a lot of .22 out of a Ruger single 6 and a Buckmark both with stock sights. I have been toying with the idea of a reflex on my Buckmark because of cataracts. I guess they take some getting use to. The other day I tried about 6 handguns some with redots, reflex sights and stock and fiber optic. I shot the S&W Victory the best it had green stock fiber optic sights. I picked them up very well. Maybe I will try some on the Buckmark. Good day
I'm not saying I'm completely used to the reflex at this point but I'm getting much faster finding that dot. I figure the 2032 batteries are cheap enough and with the last few days being fairly nice, I sat outside with an UNLOADED pistol and played. I've realized that if I don't see the dot immediately I'm holding low.
You'll need the rail for the reflex.

One of my old friends who is a Champion .22LR rifle shooter and still holds a record at Camp Perry, challenged me to shoot 10 rounds at a 6" paper plate with ONE HAND with the Buckmark.
This morning before it warmed up and got muddy, I headed down to the backstop and sent my first 10 rounds with the new reflex sight one handed. It was suggested that I'd likely only hit 5 :cool:

One hand with reflex sight 3-20-22.jpg :cool:

That`s how they compete shooting one handed. Not an easy thing to do. I have all I can do to use both hands. No interest in that method but I have a lot of respect for those that do. The good ones have many years of practice before they reach championship level.

That`s how they compete shooting one handed. Not an easy thing to do. I have all I can do to use both hands. No interest in that method but I have a lot of respect for those that do. The good ones have many years of practice before they reach championship level.
I thought I did pretty good until my buddy responded to the photo I sent him.
Now he's telling me I have to shoot at a 6" at 25yds and once I can hit that, I have to move back to 50yds. o_O

I have that exact holster for my Ruger with the red dot. Retention is very good. It’s not as pretty as a good leather holster but gets the job done.
My holster showed up this afternoon for the Buckmark. I set my retention to where when I flip it upside down and shake it, it won't come out. I adjusted this holster today and it does hold very well. Works excellent with the reflex sight too. Its going to work out really nice when I'm walking around the property or just plinking. My concealed holster showed today also. NICE :)

Buckmark w/reflex

IMG_2393.JPG

Last edited:
Back