Won my first match!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sparhawk

Reaction score
I won my first off hand match Saturday. We shot two targets @ 25 yds and two targets @ 50 yds with a total of 20 shots. I scored a 112 and two guys tied under me with a 102. There was only 8 shooters, but I am still very happy.
Also got to meet a 2 time national champion from the 80's, Buck Buchanan, and had a great conversation on precision pistol shooting. He is a awesome person and great to learn from. Thank God for my elders. I turn 42 next month but still "sir" and "mam" anyone that looks older than me. I "mam" every female. I guess this is a Southern thing.

I won my first off hand match Saturday. We shot two targets @ 25 yds and two targets @ 50 yds with a total of 20 shots. I scored a 112 and two guys tied under me with a 102. There was only 8 shooters, but I am still very happy.
Also got to meet a 2 time national champion from the 80's, Buck Buchanan, and had a great conversation on precision pistol shooting. He is a awesome person and great to learn from. Thank God for my elders. I turn 42 next month but still "sir" and "mam" anyone that looks older than me. I "mam" every female. I guess this is a Southern thing.
Congrats on your 1st match win

That first win is always a milestone. Congrats.

Do you last few posters realize this was nearly a year ago now? Mr Sparhawk hasn’t been on here in well over 2 months. I guess it’s never to late to Congratulate someone :lewis: 😁

Do you last few posters realize this was nearly a year ago now? Mr Sparhawk hasn’t been on here in well over 2 months. I guess it’s never to late to Congratulate someone :lewis: 😁
It sure does look like some of us came from way out in left field to say congrats, and almost in time to include " good luck this yr ". Perhaps if we use all caps maybe he could still hear us.

Latest posts

Back