Woodman arms Paramount upgrade!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt monkey

Reaction score
I'm again privileged to be shooting another prototype from Woodman arms, this Paramount has a number 17 brux, it has marks adjustable breech plug, for the moment I'm shooting a flat bolt tip that replaced the factory bolt tip Mark has a slotted bolt tip that's in route as we speak. I have not slept much this week, I have had to rifle in hand and I did everything I could for about the first 24 hours to not shoot the gun and I couldn't take it anymore actually ,I couldn't take not sleeping anymore,, just a little excited,, the number 17 barrel didn't fit in the factory Paramount stock very well and if you look at the factory Paramount stock there's some little studs and a couple of other pieces of metal in the front of it that were I guess to quick connect a sling to. My plan is to put this in a marblewood stock of showed some pictures of that rifle on here it has the begara Remington clone with a number 17 Brux also ,18 twists this gun is going to go in a twin stock to that but it's going to take me a week or two to get that bedded and ready so in the meantime I've had the Paramount in the factory stock today doing a little shooting. The gun weighs i 13 lb and 4 oz with a super sniper fix 16 scope and vortex rings. This barrel is 18 twist also everything that I've put in it that's in the sleek bullet Target bullet genre has shot a hole,, I have the adjustable breech plug headspace for federal 209s they're burning very clean, just like the Omega barrel this barrel has a wonderful nitride finish very well done. I am shooting smokeless in this gun for the moment with age 4198 my goal for putting this gun together however is to hopefully take it to some matches when I retire in the future and shoot heavy loads with black horn at long distance, I hope to be shooting some of those heavy 4 to 500 grain jacketed bullets that I've been crowing about too. Woodman arms has a lot more aspects to this rifle again this is just a very simplified first prototype Mark sent me several other things to try which I will be and perhaps discussing more and I'm sure he would answer any questions for anyone too very excited I'll be sharing more I am going to go ahead I guess maybe and just post a picture of the flat bolt tip that he sent me although there's a slotted one coming soon and I might post a few groups again they're almost boringly accurate the way most smokeless muzzleloaders are. One other thing for you Paramount fans out there that Paramount stock with about 65 grains of 4198 and a 300 grain bullet is a Bone crusher,,, hopefully we'll be able to muzzle break the barrel soon and start shooting heavy bullets. Kind of hard for me personally to look at this gun as a Paramount anymore it's going to have a lot more versatility to me, now I may get around one day to shooting the blue spaceships in it too just for grins. Thanks Woodman arms and Mark , I love this country and muzzleloaders.

Attachments

• IMG_20220812_172244552.jpg
    IMG_20220812_172244552.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
I know this if, I had a Paramount with a bore issue I would sure consider this upgrade. I think a number 17 is the limit of what you can get in a factory stock you could go with the little thinner typer and stay around the same weight that your original factory Paramount would have been

I work but it's so hot here in Southeast Texas and at my job August is real real slow, if I can sneak away in the afternoon and shoot a little I do mostly after work tho,, I have no goals to become anything muzzleloader related I'm just having so much fun and trying to share with people what I'm doing and learning,, as an amateur gun builder I do have a lot of ideas,
it's really great to be working with a couple people in the industry and having the privilege of shooting prototypes,, I'm a very blessed man.

I'm again privileged to be shooting another prototype from Woodman arms, this Paramount has a number 17 brux, it has marks adjustable breech plug, for the moment I'm shooting a flat bolt tip that replaced the factory bolt tip Mark has a slotted bolt tip that's in route as we speak. I have not slept much this week, I have had to rifle in hand and I did everything I could for about the first 24 hours to not shoot the gun and I couldn't take it anymore actually ,I couldn't take not sleeping anymore,, just a little excited,, the number 17 barrel didn't fit in the factory Paramount stock very well and if you look at the factory Paramount stock there's some little studs and a couple of other pieces of metal in the front of it that were I guess to quick connect a sling to. My plan is to put this in a marblewood stock of showed some pictures of that rifle on here it has the begara Remington clone with a number 17 Brux also ,18 twists this gun is going to go in a twin stock to that but it's going to take me a week or two to get that bedded and ready so in the meantime I've had the Paramount in the factory stock today doing a little shooting. The gun weighs i 13 lb and 4 oz with a super sniper fix 16 scope and vortex rings. This barrel is 18 twist also everything that I've put in it that's in the sleek bullet Target bullet genre has shot a hole,, I have the adjustable breech plug headspace for federal 209s they're burning very clean, just like the Omega barrel this barrel has a wonderful nitride finish very well done. I am shooting smokeless in this gun for the moment with age 4198 my goal for putting this gun together however is to hopefully take it to some matches when I retire in the future and shoot heavy loads with black horn at long distance, I hope to be shooting some of those heavy 4 to 500 grain jacketed bullets that I've been crowing about too. Woodman arms has a lot more aspects to this rifle again this is just a very simplified first prototype Mark sent me several other things to try which I will be and perhaps discussing more and I'm sure he would answer any questions for anyone too very excited I'll be sharing more I am going to go ahead I guess maybe and just post a picture of the flat bolt tip that he sent me although there's a slotted one coming soon and I might post a few groups again they're almost boringly accurate the way most smokeless muzzleloaders are. One other thing for you Paramount fans out there that Paramount stock with about 65 grains of 4198 and a 300 grain bullet is a Bone crusher,,, hopefully we'll be able to muzzle break the barrel soon and start shooting heavy bullets. Kind of hard for me personally to look at this gun as a Paramount anymore it's going to have a lot more versatility to me, now I may get around one day to shooting the blue spaceships in it too just for grins. Thanks Woodman arms and Mark , I love this country and muzzleloaders.
Awesome post & that’s just fantastic what you & Mark Woodman have done with your Paramount. I’ve done some pretty amazing things with my Paramount & it shoots pretty well, but NOT like yours. I’m going to do some more outside the box testing with mine & get more into my 400yd targets than the 200yd one ( which it shoots very well at that range ) if I can’t get the kind of groups I’m happy with at 400-600yds, my Paramount will be next for that Brux#17 & I’ve become a big fan of that 1:18 twists versatility & capabilities. I can’t wait to see you take that to Friendship or the Ky challenge. Plzzzz keep us apprised with your testing & progress

It's hard to just slow down sometimes,, I've got a couple of rifles I really want to be shooting everyday and a lot of bullets and enough powder,, my chronograph had to go back to get a positive lead fixed and just check calibration make sure numbers are correct, waiting on that chronograph as quick as it gets back I'm slinging bullets!!! I consider this Paramount a complete rifle!!! It really needs nothing now just my shoulder behind it!

It's hard to just slow down sometimes,, I've got a couple of rifles I really want to be shooting everyday and a lot of bullets and enough powder,, my chronograph had to go back to get a positive lead fixed and just check calibration make sure numbers are correct, waiting on that chronograph as quick as it gets back I'm slinging bullets!!! I consider this Paramount a complete rifle!!! It really needs nothing now just my shoulder behind it!
That’s impressive & I can’t wait to see more of what you’ll do with it.

I think I have a module that fits it also, Mark has a new module , I'll try to get everything sorted and dug out in the next couple of weeks and get pictures posted again

Mark had a smaller module for this rifle but he also has a new module I think it's larger more like some of the other brass modules you ought to email him or give him a call he's doing some more Paramount upgrades this next year.

Back