Woodman arms Paramount upgrade!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shooting the Paramount today change the 209 to Brass module large rifle the adjustable plug will do that too this is 15 shots Pitman 275 accumax you'll see three down on the lower left that were clean bore and then as the barrel filed it kind of settled in a little bit High into the right that one bullet I pulled up I don't know what happened not bad

Attachments

• 20230310_151109.jpg
    20230310_151109.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
It's just a little brass veri-flame type,,these have been fired very clean!, again this brakes plug gives me the option of multiple 209s and also this little verifying type brass module and a large rifle I'm shooting some Remington nine and a half today I've never tried those before so far so good

Attachments

• 20230310_143833.jpg
    20230310_143833.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
I think Mark's got another module too besides this for a large rifle and I hope to try some small rifle,, I'm just curious if they'll go bang he's going to make some in the future,, I rarely shoot really heavy powder loads predominantly I shoot 4198 and most of the time I'm between 57 and 63 grains of powder I'm convinced that a small rifle primer and a clean plug should give me what I'm looking for but I want to test and see I'm sure there's others here that have tried I noticed some shoot small rifle primers and some different type of modules with Blackhorn and other subs I'm afraid the large rifle primer situation other than CCI and they're fine I'm glad that there's some of those around but I'm afraid the federal and Winchester might not be around for a while I have a lot of small rifle primers I want to find a setup smokeless that will work with them.

It's just a little brass veri-flame type,,these have been fired very clean!, again this brakes plug gives me the option of multiple 209s and also this little verifying type brass module and a large rifle I'm shooting some Remington nine and a half today I've never tried those before so far so good
I can’t tell for sure because I can’t see the breech plug but it looks like you can take the inner part off the woodman adjustable breech plug out and install a insert for that module unless it’s a different breech plug. It also looks like a nose sealing module and if that’s the case I’m all in.

I think most Vera Flames will fit in a 209 and that's what I'm doing with this breach plug it's the breech plug that I've been shooting 209s in I cleaned it up real good and just had spaced it for these brass Vera flame type modules that he made and yes the insert will screw out of the bridge plug I don't know that that really affects anything as far as changing from a module to a 209 though the same plug will take both you have a bushing at the bottom you have the insert screwed in above that and then you have the little set screw on the bottom of all that sitting below the powder it's really easy to get used to making adjustments and keeping your head spice right one thing I have learned these plugs need to be kept clean I wouldn't put 50 or 60 shots on them ever I would clean every 15 to 20

Wasn't shooting for accuracy today just testing the little modules and the large rifle Remington 9 and 1/2 I think that load tweaked a little bit would shoot when I run a different primer or when I make a change I like to shoot and see how many shots it takes until my gun changes trying to see how many shots it takes before I start getting dirty primers or a little bit of carbon buildup so far the nipples on those little brass modules and the modules or just as clean as they can be

I think most Vera Flames will fit in a 209 and that's what I'm doing with this breach plug it's the breech plug that I've been shooting 209s in I cleaned it up real good and just had spaced it for these brass Vera flame type modules that he made and yes the insert will screw out of the bridge plug I don't know that that really affects anything as far as changing from a module to a 209 though the same plug will take both you have a bushing at the bottom you have the insert screwed in above that and then you have the little set screw on the bottom of all that sitting below the powder it's really easy to get used to making adjustments and keeping your head spice right one thing I have learned these plugs need to be kept clean I wouldn't put 50 or 60 shots on them ever I would clean every 15 to 20
I have also reached that conclusion with the remington premier 209 primers..

That barre
Shooting the Paramount today change the 209 to Brass module large rifle the adjustable plug will do that too this is 15 shots Pitman 275 accumax you'll see three down on the lower left that were clean bore and then as the barrel filed it kind of settled in a little bit High into the right that one bullet I pulled up I don't know what happened not bad
That barrel will stack-em in a hole huh. Nice shooting too bro.

Latest posts

Back