Woodman Arms/ Patriot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a new y on the forum (as of yesterday) if you have questions about anything, searching it, generally will give you at least an hour of reading…

FYI, that’s pretty much how any forum works
I think you missed his point. The thread got detailed into law and politics. There usually is a lot of good info offered on the OPs topic in this forum. I am new also and have learned a lot from the members posts. IMHO

I have had a Patriot 50 cal for about 3 years now.

Love it.

Very light weight, will not corrode, extremely accurate, owner regularly contributes and engages on this forum, and it is made in the USA.

Have an Encore, LHR Redemption and CVA Apex, yet the Patriot is the one I go to during muzzleloader season.

Get one😀

Matt in North Carolina

Last edited:
They won't ship to ohio without an FFL to "transfer" it (which neither state nor fed law require), so I won't be buying. I make it a point to not buy from companies that run scared all the time.

All ohio law states is that a person under disability MAY NOT purchase, attempt to purchase, own, possess, ect a firearm of any type... the burden is on the person under disability to follow the law, so long as the seller does not have cause that would make a reasonable person believe the purchaser is under disability, at which point they would be required by law to report the attempted purchase.
Just to be clear on all the confusion. I have 2 FFL's and a special tax stamp to manufacture. We don't go against attorneys advice, I simply follow it because I assume he knows better than me. That's why we don't ship to certain states or cities, not because we are "running scared". I won't argue if he is right or wrong, but when he tell's me I can ship to Ohio, we will change that on our end.

On my "shipping chart" provided by my attorney, shipping is a "NO" and this is the note next to it.
*Muzzleloaders/antiques treated as modern firearms under Ohio state law. Ohio Rev. Code § 2923.11(B)(1).

I ve learned no more about a Patriot then I did before I posted this. Plenty about New Jersey, Ohio and FFl fees. Guess this was the wrong place to come for info on this Gun.
The New Hampshire deer hunting group on FB probably has hundreds or more Patriot muzzleloader owners in it. Might be worth checking.

Just to be clear on all the confusion. I have 2 FFL's and a special tax stamp to manufacture. We don't go against attorneys advice, I simply follow it because I assume he knows better than me. That's why we don't ship to certain states or cities, not because we are "running scared". I won't argue if he is right or wrong, but when he tell's me I can ship to Ohio, we will change that on our end.

On my "shipping chart" provided by my attorney, shipping is a "NO" and this is the note next to it.
*Muzzleloaders/antiques treated as modern firearms under Ohio state law. Ohio Rev. Code § 2923.11(B)(1).

They are treated as firearms (because they are firearms), with regard to who can own them, but there is no requirement to have them sent to an FFL. That was ultimately decided in the case against Cabela's.

Sending them to an FFL does not absolve you of liability (criminal or civil) anymore than handing them over to fedex or ups and having them give them over to the customer.

You can run your company how you like, I'll never tell anyone that they can't; but I try not to support businesses that do not support me. When I say I can't, its legit because i can't, if i won't, it's because I won't, and if it must, then it is required.

Just an opinion, but your design looks like it should work pretty decent, if that makes any difference.

I ve learned no more about a Patriot then I did before I posted this. Plenty about New Jersey, Ohio and FFl fees. Guess this was the wrong place to come for info on this Gun.
Seems like you havent given much time before getting judgmental. Might try the traditional ML forum. The attitude fits in perfectly there

I think you missed his point. The thread got detailed into law and politics. There usually is a lot of good info offered on the OPs topic in this forum. I am new also and have learned a lot from the members posts. IMHO

Didn’t miss anything, including the irony of you saying a thread was derailed by posting a comment with zero useful information, on the OP’s subject.

I was replying to him not learning anything useful on a topic that should and could have been searched before posting a question and he’d found plenty of post, on the subject. The same way any and all forums work so being new doesn’t change that…

This happens,but one guy got pissy about woodman and here we are. the op should check out that fb group he suggested, probably learn more about the patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back