Woodman Patriot mate

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shorty

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Supporting member
Reaction score
Hope they like each other, i think it will be love at first sight. Bought a Zeiss 4-16×44 conquest 4 to put atop of my new woodman arms patriot muzzleloader. I belive the two will make me shine as i want a light weight muzzy capable of shooting my home range, 300 yard max. Want to shoot it smokeless, bullet to bore, .45 cal..now i am going to need a load to work up, when my gun arrives. Any suggestions from owners of the patriot, 45 cal. Brux, 1-20..?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220203-203843_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220203-203843_Gallery.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 18
Lrh, i was thinking along your line also. I looked at every scope i could for under a grand, believe me their are a ton. I want to be able to see a quarter size target at 300 yds., my back yard range is around 350 yds. My large back stop is at 300yds. I love to practice with all my weapons and i figured that the sixteen power for my range would be the best option. I only gained 7 or 8 ounces going with the zeiss. I have a pair of the conquest binoculars and for the money i absolutely love them. I found this scope at Euro optics for $770.00. It said it could be a demo or broken box, that is a two hundred dollar savings so i bought it. The scope came in 2 days, was brand new, new box, not a mark or piece of dust on it. I cannot wait to pair them up, like a kid at xmas. Lol ty

Zeiss V4s are made at Light Optical Works in Japan. Nice glass and fairly rugged too. Not a huge fan of the eye relief but its "doable". Sport Optics used to have blow out sales for under $500 on a couple models but not with exposed turrets.

MeoPro just announced the new MeoSport R line starting at $450. Exposed turret and illuminated reticle. Cameraland will have some when available. 23oz and almost 4" of eye relief.
https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...61de-013a-6b3b-00163ecd2826?variation=3146596
magnification 3 - 15X
objective diameter 1.97 in
Tube 30 mm
Field of view 37.5 - 7.5 (ft/100yd)
Field of view 7.1 - 1.4 °
Eye relief 3.94 in
Focal plane 2
Dioptric comp. - 3 / + 2
Transmission 90%
Impact per click 0.36 (in/100yd)
Impact per click MOA 0.1 mrad
Elevation range 94 (in/100yd)
Elevation range MOA 90 MOA
Windage range 94 (in/100yd)
Windage range MOA 90 MOA
Parallax cor. 10 yd - ∞
Length 13.29 in
Weight 23.1 oz

Hope they like each other, i think it will be love at first sight. Bought a Zeiss 4-16×44 conquest 4 to put atop of my new woodman arms patriot muzzleloader. I belive the two will make me shine as i want a light weight muzzy capable of shooting my home range, 300 yard max. Want to shoot it smokeless, bullet to bore, .45 cal..now i am going to need a load to work up, when my gun arrives. Any suggestions from owners of the patriot, 45 cal. Brux, 1-20..?
Well ya picked a very nice scope for a very nice gun. I just sold the same scope a while back to get something more suited for what I needed. I hope that set up serves ya well.

I've come to the conclusion with rifles that I hunt hard with I do not want exposed turrets myself,, I've taken my exposed turret Scopes off the rifles that I hit the brush with just me..

Thx guys. I wanted the zplex crosshairs and 4 power for 90% of my hunting needs. I wanted the 16x for target and longer shots, as the eyes are not 100% anymore. The only exposed turret is the elevation, which is very stout to dial with great audible clicks. The scope is not that heavy either at a mere 24 ounces. I think the two will be a new favorite..

I’m also a big fan of scopes made at Light Optical Works - I have three different “Tract Toric” scopes in very nice “Near” unimounts so I can move them around my rifles as needed without losing zero. I like the Tract brand for fact they are a small business with fantastic customer service.
And speaking of fantastic customer service, I realized I’ll need a custom longer length picatinny rail to fit my scopes on my new Woodman Patriot rifle. Big up to Mark Woodman for making that happen!!!!

P.S. - I plan to use my Tract Toric 2-10x42 for my Patriot rifle.. But I might also use my heavy Tract Toric 4.5-30x56 just to see how accurate it can be.

Last edited:
Recieved 2 packages yesterday. One was a thousand rem premiere primers from gun broker and the other was my new patriot rifle. The box from Mark was in perfect condition. The gun was packed with the utmost care of a well seasoned elf. There was a bucket of packaging peanuts and layer upon layer of white foam encasing all the parts. Everything was in perfect condition. The gun was easy to assemble and fits me perfectly. I am amazed by the quality of craftsmanship that was put in this gun. I am sort of a perfectionist being a carpenter for 40 years. I looked this gun over and over and i could not find one bad thing about it. The stock is fit and finished to perfection. The steel is also fit so good it could be used in a jewelers watch. The action opens and closes so easy the tolerances got to be perfect. The 30 millimeter scope mount fits the receiver like a puzzle piece. This gun feels amazing in my hands. The quality/price of this gun is a real bargin. I am so glad i waited for this muzzleloader. If it shoots as good as it feels i will buy another because it will be a steal of a deal. Thank you Mark Woodman for being a perfectionist, it surely shows in your muzzleloaders.

Attachments

• 20220622_173846.jpg
    20220622_173846.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220622_181955.jpg
    20220622_181955.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220622_180025.jpg
    20220622_180025.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1
Recieved 2 packages yesterday. One was a thousand rem premiere primers from gun broker and the other was my new patriot rifle. The box from Mark was in perfect condition. The gun was packed with the utmost care of a well seasoned elf. There was a bucket of packaging peanuts and layer upon layer of white foam encasing all the parts. Everything was in perfect condition. The gun was easy to assemble and fits me perfectly. I am amazed by the quality of craftsmanship that was put in this gun. I am sort of a perfectionist being a carpenter for 40 years. I looked this gun over and over and i could not find one bad thing about it. The stock is fit and finished to perfection. The steel is also fit so good it could be used in a jewelers watch. The action opens and closes so easy the tolerances got to be perfect. The 30 millimeter scope mount fits the receiver like a puzzle piece. This gun feels amazing in my hands. The quality/price of this gun is a real bargin. I am so glad i waited for this muzzleloader. If it shoots as good as it feels i will buy another because it will be a steal of a deal. Thank you Mark Woodman for being a perfectionist, it surely shows in your muzzleloaders.
SWEEEEET! Congrats Shorty, let us know how the shooting goes

That’s fantastic! I also received my Patriot yesterday and I have same opinion about workmanship.
Since I ordered mine unfinished, I have mine apart at the moment so I can conveniently apply my linseed oil coats at 24-hour intervals. I posted pics in “Woodman Arms Muzzleloader” Facebook group

Last edited:
Back