Work

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdporter

Reaction score
What does/did everyone do to earn a living? Just curious what everybody’s background is. Seems like a lot of us would be blue collar. I have been in heating and air-conditioning for 32 years this November. I currently work at our local hospital here in southern Utah as an HVAC technician. 53 this July so I got 10-12 years left before I can retire, relax, and then die.

Retired now for 15 years. Worked 31yrs at GM as an Ergonomist in future car programs for both small and mid-size car groups. I had tooling and equipment designed that was not only a first for GM and industry, but are now used world wide by all auto manufacturers. Those same designs spread out and are now used by many other manufacturing systems. I retired very satisfied.
Retirement is great, but I find myself wondering where all the time has gone. I fully understand that getting old is not for the weak.
I've lost way to many friends and family members. Bury the hatchet and love them while you still can.
I haven't worn a watch since my last day at work. For me, there are 3 different times: Nighttime, daytime and supper time.

Own a lumberyard and been in the business for over 50 years. Looking forward to spending alot more time with the muzzleloaders(9) and bird hunting after retiring. At 68 yrs old retirement doesn't seem to far away. Would love to shoot at Friendship one year to meet some of you gentlemen. Maybe the inline shoot in May, only 18-20 hours away.

I was a home improvement contractor for about 25 years. Mostly porches, additions, finished basements, etc..
I educated myself with laser templating about 12 years ago when the economy went south and work got slow. I now have a laser templating service where I digitally template for stone countertops. Mostly granite and quartz.

• 25 years at Sterling Brewery in Management ( Great people to work with at Sterling Brewery )
  • 1 year at Alcoa in Management
  • 20 years at Toyota as Team Leader in the Paint Shop ( Great people to work with and Great Company to work for )
  • Retired in 2018 at 67 years of age ( Thought I was still 35 but realized I wasn't )
  • Currently work part time at Toyota when they need me to train new Team Members
  • Now I have ALL the time I want to shoot & hunt & more importantly: Be there when my family needs me!!!!

I worked in a hospital for 25 years as a supervisor for environmental services, with a relatively small staff of about 50 people.
My wife and I retired last year and relocated from Connecticut to southeastern Oklahoma. We're pretty close to the kids now as they live in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area.
We really love this area, peaceful country living. I got to go deer hunting nearly every day of this past season. Doesn't get any better than that.

It was my honor and privilege to serve our country sdporter!
My son, my brother, my father, my grandfather, my great grand father all served. At times (Veterans Day especially) I feel pretty bad I didn’t.
My grandfather was wounded in France during WWII, he recieved a Purple Heart. I only heard him tell the story once. It shook him up pretty bad to talk about it. My heart goes out to all those young men and women who were injured and killed, in our service, so that we can have what we have today.
They were on post when they were surprised by a German patrol, he turned to pick up his rifle and the bullet struck him under the shoulder and exited out under his armpit. Had he not reached for his rifle just then, I would be somebody else.
He had to walk, I think, seven miles wounded like that, got stitched up, a couple weeks of furlough, and right back into the fray. He was army.
Thank you again for being one of those willing to make the ultimate sacrifice!

30 years as a PGA Golf Professional (Club pro, not tour pro). Have been the head golf professional at Smyrna Golf Course for 27 years! Part time Business Administrator at Springhouse Worship and Arts Center for 19 years (where my wife is the Assistant Pastor).

Latest posts

Back