Would you like a gunsmithing section?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would only be in favor of this forum if only certified, very knowledgable gunsmiths were posting. Any DIY modifications, etc., etc., by others that are possibly not qualified would be a HUGE liability. Just because you post a disclaimer doesn't mean that someone isn't going to get hurt or have a bad experience.
These are my thoughts exactly. It should be highly experienced professional gunsmiths only. Already know of bad advice from kitchen table gunsmiths.

(If) information given is from a Licensed/Certified gunsmith it could be beneficial however most of us do not possess the equipment or tools to perform the work. Maybe best to leave rocket science to the pros.

If info is given from a licensed certified insured gunsmith, and that info isn't followed correctly by the individual that is not the fault of the gunsmith. Nor does it leave him liable. As a mechanic i gave lots of people info on how to fix their own boats. Several of them did not follow my directions and did major damage to their boats or motors and one tried to sue me and the company i work for. The case got thrown out by the judge because we did not actually do the repairs. So we had no control over whether it was done properly or not. Just my $0.02.

OK...We have discussed this and weighed all angles and we feel that it is better to not have a dedicated Gunsmith section but to continue allowing questions and replies in specific forums related to muzzleloaders and rifles.

Back