Wyoming Mule Deer?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We live at the foot of the Sierra Madres in S/C Wyo at 7,300' only 15 min to 11,500 elev. Around here antelope is our favorite meat ! Lots of Agriculture around so that figures into taste. Also we know how to take care of our meat ourselves not trusting meat packers. Don't chase them 'till they're tripping on their tounge either. We also have to draw a tag in most all of Wyo, no over the counter anymore. Large corporate ranches buying up all of the ranches we used to be welcomed, anything with water running through it. Our small town of 453 pop is now at risk due to the almighty dollar and new transplants daily from liberal thinking states. They didn't want to live there anymore, then try to change our town to be just like the one they left! Ski Lodge etc. We have gravel streets , very low taxes and that's how we want to keep it. I hunt with UH BP patch and ball during regular rifle season. Antelope the last five years successful. Trader
Trader, thanks for the Info. Sounds like a nice area to live. Let's hope the liberals don't ruin it

We live at the foot of the Sierra Madres in S/C Wyo at 7,300' only 15 min to 11,500 elev. Around here antelope is our favorite meat ! Lots of Agriculture around so that figures into taste. Also we know how to take care of our meat ourselves not trusting meat packers. Don't chase them 'till they're tripping on their tounge either. We also have to draw a tag in most all of Wyo, no over the counter anymore. Large corporate ranches buying up all of the ranches we used to be welcomed, anything with water running through it. Our small town of 453 pop is now at risk due to the almighty dollar and new transplants daily from liberal thinking states. They didn't want to live there anymore, then try to change our town to be just like the one they left! Ski Lodge etc. We have gravel streets , very low taxes and that's how we want to keep it. I hunt with UH BP patch and ball during regular rifle season. Antelope the last five years successful. Trader
Trader, thank so much for the info. Your town sounds great just the way it is. Hopefully the newcomers do not change it. If we moved there we would not want to change it. Hopefully next summer our covid is better and we can visit your area.
Be safe

Tons of public ground- the vast majority of it actually. The nice thing about the Pinedale area is that it straddles plains, mountains and waterways so there is always so.ewhere to hunt.
07 Kingpin, thanks for the info. Hopefully if covid allows we can visit that area this summer..
Be safe

07 Kingpin, thanks for the info. Hopefully if covid allows we can visit that area this summer..
Be safe
Welcome, I trap winter here for felines and canines but health issues are keeping me off of the trapline this year...bummer

Trader, thanks for the Info. Sounds like a nice area to live. Let's hope the liberals don't ruin it
A couple three decades ago we lived in central Wyoming. Had to leave for job but now that I'm retired would like to go back. BUT, prices so dand high we cannot afford to....

A couple three decades ago we lived in central Wyoming. Had to leave for job but now that I'm retired would like to go back. BUT, prices so dand high we cannot afford to....
Blackrock, I know what you mean about high prices. We are also looking to relocate and everything is high.
Did you live in the Custer area? I heard it was nice.
Be safe

Lander is a great place for mule deer hunting.I lived there for 9 years and hunted the Shoshone National Forest foe elk as well.Been up to Dubois and Riverton as well.All 3 are great places.If I had not bought my house 2 years ago I would be out there right now.

Lander is a great place for mule deer hunting.I lived there for 9 years and hunted the Shoshone National Forest foe elk as well.Been up to Dubois and Riverton as well.All 3 are great places.If I had not bought my house 2 years ago I would be out there right now.
Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can check it out this summer. Have a great day

Latest posts

Back