X7 .50

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just received this in the mail today, man are these little guns light..barrel is mint stock has a few dings but still looks really good. Not sure what Im going to do with this one.20190114_124814.jpg

I have 2 they are insane little guns , I put one in a omega thumb hole stock, that’s as good a tree stand gun your going to get. The thumb hole made a great gun better

this thing feels really good, great pointing gun just don't know how heavy a load Id want to shoot out of it as light as it is.. 6# gun w/o scope so maybe 7.25# with scope/rings..

I have 2 they are insane little guns , I put one in a omega thumb hole stock, that’s as good a tree stand gun your going to get. The thumb hole made a great gun better

I shoot 100 gr 777 250 shock wave , not that bad , if you have a plastic omega thumb hole stock drop it in, its real comfortable

Nice score.

A favorite setup for ground stalking deer in swamps was my X7 with a red dot sight. 80 grains bh209 with a .40 Cal sst and blue sabot worked with low recoil.

BTW the stock always screamed it needed stippling... To smooth for wet conditions.

I never could remember which was which with the Omega. That looks like the short barreled model, correct? So the X7 is short barreled and the Z5 is Long barreled?

I handled one that was short barreled once and looked just like the One above. It was really a nice rifle, I have regretted not buying that one.:(

Shawn yes this is the 24 in barrel..
I was told this barrel will not work in a regular Omega stock due to it being tapered, its too small for the regular stock barrel channel.

Well just to see I went and put the X7 barrel/action in my camo Omega T/H stock and while it fits there's a noticeable gap along the sides of the barrel. It fits fine at the front of the barrel but doesn't look to good with the gap along the sides, it would work in a pinch though.

Mine gave up along time ago, better then going out playing pool in bars, smoking drinking etc which I do none of now.. never did smoke but did play a lot of pool and drink some before I met her and believe me its a lot more expensive then buying a few muzzleloaders.
My only habits are hunting/fishing.

Sweet looking Omega Dean! My wife would disown me if I bought as many guns as you...;)

Too cold to shoot today, so i shot the X7 anyway.

IMG_3868.JPG

Nice! I love mine...have a 3-9 Omega scope on it, great match for those rifles.
I shot mine a few weeks ago... 1 shot with 100gr BH209 and 250 Bloodline into a nice slickhead :D

I just put one of those Natchez Burris scopes on it with the illuminated dot reticle, perfect match gun weighs 7.9# with scope and Warne QD rings.

Nice! I love mine...have a 3-9 Omega scope on it, great match for those rifles.
I shot mine a few weeks ago... 1 shot with 100gr BH209 and 250 Bloodline into a nice slickhead :D

You can’t put an omega action in x7 stock but x7 fits omega, I don’t mind the gap , I love thumb hole stocks , can’t get more free floated than that

I've shot 460no excuses in mine, that summer recoil pad sure does help. I typically use 300few xtp,300grain deep curl in a crush rib, but my favorite is the 350gr fpb from hornady.

It's such a shame they stopped that model , the dream season replaced it.

Simms not summer and grain not few,darn auto correct.. I don't see an edit tab ?

Latest posts

Back