YEA!!! Libraries Re-Opening!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
Here in Baltimore, on June 15, 2020, the Enoch Pratt Free Library will start to offer Curb-side Service, as well as Mail-at-home Service.

You don't know how much you miss something until it is taken away from you. And access to a first class library is one of those things.

I have 7 books that need to be returned, and I am looking forward to some new reading material.

Baltimore is fortunate to have the Enoch Pratt Free Library.

The original building on the site was dedicated in February of 1886. The current building was quietly finished during the Depression in 1933. Last fall the building was re-dedicated after a 2-year, 115 million dollar renovation, that also got rid of asbestos.

It is a very stunning building, inside, and out. My homeless shelter is 0.5 miles away from the Central Branch of the Pratt. A 15 minute walk.

By the by, Andrew Carnegie used Enoch Pratt's philanthropy in creating the original Central Library, and the 4 branch libraries, as the model for his subsequent library building philanthropy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im a Loss Adjuster for the State of Michigan and do most of my work in Leelanau, Grand Traverse, and Antrim counties in the orchards. Around the Traverse Bay area we use the library's extensively. Sutton's Bay, Elk Rapids, Traverse City, and Northport. Right now we are doing our paperwork in the hotel room and that's a challenge. No copy machines, no large tables. Be really glad when they open again.

Also nice to hear someone reading a story to the children while we work. Miss that.

Today is the day the Books by Mail, and the Sidewalk Service starts here in Baltimore for the Central Library, and 7 Branch Libraries.

I put holds on about 20 books, 1 non-fiction, 19 fiction. The library calls, or emails you when to come pick them up outside of the facility at a designated time, on a specific day.

Stephen King
Jonh Sandford
Walter B. Mosley
James Patterson (3)
Stuart Woods
Anne Perry
Dean Koontz
Marcia Clark
Clive Cussler
Felix Francis
Sara Paretsky
David Baldacci
Mike Lupica@ Robert B Parker
Jeffrey Deaver
Jack Carr
Matthew Quirk
John Grisham

And a biography of Louis Bromfield
by Stephen Heyman
titled, The Planter of Modern Life

Plus, I have 7 books that need to be returned that until today had to be held onto, because the homeless, and others, were stealing books out of the huge stainless steel, 4ft × 4ft × 4ft book return bins outside of the libraries. So the library suspended drop-off book returns early during the Covid-19 crisis. And, brought all the bins indoors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back