Yummy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Roasted garlic smoked sausage and my homemade sauerkraut.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 534
I can eat home made kraut but I bought some store bought one time and could not even swallow it. That looks real good.

Nathans is ok for store bought kraut but its a bit on the salty side.

Homemade is FAR FAR better and its so simple to make. Salt your cabbage and let it set for a couple hours. Mix it by hand each half hour. Quick rinse in distilled water. Pack in a jar (tight) and place plastic wrap on top of the kraut. Hold the plastic wrap down against the kraut with a smaller jar or bottle.

Let is set in a cool dark place until it smells sour. About a week or two. (depends on temps) Then refrigerate with a lid on the jar instead of the plastic wrap.

I like to put a little bit of minced garlic in mine too.

I also made some sweet ruby kraut. Weep the cabbage the same way but give it a good rinse. Then use your favorite sweet pickle brine. Pack the cabbage in a jar and pour in the brine warm. Use enough to just cover it. Seal the jar and refrigerate. Let it set for a week or two. Daikon radish is also delicious with this method.

that kraut is good if you fry it in a pan with some cut apples, shredded carrots, all in apple juice. Just cook until the cabbage is almost soft. Trouble is with me, when I eat cabbage in any form, I am not one to have in the same room with you, that night. It really effects me. I kind of find it funny but others don't appreciate loud noises I guess.

Sounds good GM.

But what's up with this message in your post plus I don't see any picture. "You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post"?

I love cabbage too but it does me like cayuga. Then again I do live alone so I do eat it now and then anyway. :lol:

No idea, i checked all the settings, its an attachment. I could try and post it through photobucket

Better?

002_zpsf6fb9c0a.jpg

Boy! That looks good. My wife makes some homemade kraut similar to the way you did and man is it delicious. Enjoy.

Back