Boyds stock for Omega(Updated 8-4)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Boyds stock for Omega

SuperKirby said:
Getting a bit anxious?

Yeah just a bit! I keep checking my email for the shipping notice from boyds... not good at this waiting business

As long as you have it by bear season, right?

Haha after I just replied I checked my email and just got the shipping info from Boyds!!! :applause: :partyman:

03mossy said:
Haha after I just replied I checked my email and just got the shipping info from Boyds!!! :applause: :partyman:
good news inn deed. Yours was actually a little quicker than mine I think. Show us what she looks like when you get it.

I bought thumbhole nutmeg for my omega with limbsaver pad, does look nice with stainless barrel. I had no problems with the fit it dropped right in. I would like to get it pillared and bedded but that's going to be after hunting season.

Stock came in yesterday and I couldn't be happier! ill need to do just a bit of sanding where the action pivots but overall the fit is pretty good. I have a second Omega bare action that is blued and I think I may swap them out, think the all blued would look better than the little bit of stainless with the stock color.

20150804_163436_zpsuvijogji.jpg

20150804_163455_zpsta0ouat3.jpg

That's real nice looking. I think the darker blued trigger guard would look better with the darker texturing on the grip... since you have the option.

SuperKirby said:
That's real nice looking. I think the darker blued trigger guard would look better with the darker texturing on the grip... since you have the option.

Yep you were right. I switched actions last night and it looks much better! Ill add pics this weekend.

Back