Boyds Remington 700ML Stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few months ago while looking at the used muzzleloader section, I came across a very nice, lightly used, stainless steel .50 cal Remington 700ML with #11 ignition. I think I'm going to keep this one as is (except the stock and trigger) unless it doesn't shoot well. If it's not accurate, I may re-barrel it with a faster twist barrel from McGowen.

I don't much care for the factory Remington 700ML stocks, so I picked up a Boyds stock a few weeks back. Boyds quality control slipped a tad on this one and is going to require some fitting in the action area before it will fit the way it should. I was going to pillar bed it anyway so not a big deal for me.

Prairie Hunter muzzleloader in Applejack, Pachmayr recoil pad, deer theme scale laser engraving
bYSbQhZ.jpg

azvuyTS.jpg

cQL2wWF.jpg

HyeBGSh.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful looking gun! I really like the laser engraving. The deer hooves on the forend sets it off.
I have one of the very first Remington 700 Ml. I bought in 1996 and didn't shoot it until 2012 or so. I gut a Hunter style breech plug and 209 bolt conversion for it along with my 700 ML. .45 these guns flat out shoot and with the Hunter ignition the actions stay sealed and clean.
How does your gun shoot? If it shoots like it looks, I know you have a keeper.

Back