CAUTION!!! - This is an open forum. The views and/or practices expressed herein are NOT APPROVED by ModernMuzzleloader.com and may be inaccurate and/or unsafe. Therefore, all information and advice provided by the participants of this forum should be considered with extreme caution and verified prior to implementation. For correct muzzleloading procedures please refer to your Owner’s Manual or contact the respective manufacturer.

Little Barnes 185 TAC-XP

Loads, tips, and shooting for the Savage muzzleloader, SMI smokeless and other muzzleloaders approved for smokeless ONLY. Warning! Smokeless powder loads are not for use in any other muzzleloaders.

Moderators: GM54-120, Senior Moderators

LBAhunter

Little Barnes 185 TAC-XP

Postby LBAhunter » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:47 pm

I posted this in the Inline Muzzleloading. I thought I would post it here. Anybody done any testing/shooting with the Barnes 45 ACP 185gr TAC-XP? If so, would like to hear, how the little Barnes holds up to that kind of speed.
Last edited by LBAhunter on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Squeeze
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Little Barnes

Postby Squeeze » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:47 am

They are (A.) designed for ~800-950 fps, so typically fall under ML speed. Usual rule for us is to keep impact velocity OVER ~900 fps.
and (B.) pretty light for the usual ML palette. I doubt they have ever been tried in ML, especially smokeless
"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others." - Pericles

Return to “Smokeless Muzzleloading”