RemBrux .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got my second smokeless muzzleloader put together. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. The weather has been horrible, 95F*+ or raining. The range is currently flooded, hopefully it dries out soon.

Remington 700ML action
Hunter's 209 bolt nose kit
Brux .45 cal. 1-20 twist barrel at 26"
ASG 209 breech plug
Callahan tapered recoil lug
Timney trigger
Leupold one piece steel base
Warne steel rings
Nikon ProStaff 5 3.5-14x40 scope
Boyds Pro Varmint Apple Jack stock, bedded/Rossman aluminum pillars
Tipped the scale at 11lbs 5oz

Planned hunting load, duplex of 5gr Clays International/ 60gr IMR4198, 290 Barnes TEZ, .060 veggie wad, W209 primer
My 16yr old son already called dibs for this fall :D

I have the very same problem. Access to two ranges about ten miles apart. Both along the Cedar river. Both flooded. Hopefully the hot weather will let up soon. Need some range time to try out some new bullet/sabot combos. That's a great looking gun. Good luck with it. :yeah:

BuckDoeHunter said:
nick50471 said:
After seeing this rifle I'm rethinking my choice of stock.

It's a heavy stock but soaks up recoil well. For me, it has a good feel and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another for a heavy recoiling rifle.

I'm a bit concerned with my choice of stock.

The Hybrid/anchor brake does help with recoil. I have to wait for my tax stamp to be approved before i can use it.

I have a HS stock on one of my sml's and it does a good job with recoil. It is a PSV004. I also have the same stock as the one in this thread. Very different stocks but I like them both.

SCHUNTER said:
I have a HS stock on one of sml's and it does a good job with recoil. It is a PSV004. I also have the same stock as the one in this thread. Very different stocks but I like them both.

The PSV004 is what I bought for my RemBrux. Thanks for the input.

Latest posts

Back