My Gibbs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltner

Reaction score
These are the results of my Gibbs and his molds

mold of the firm Brooks , here is the comparison of Brooks and Pedersoli mold with their bullets.

2rmo3fb.jpg

73m991.jpg

2v8k00x.jpg

oi6ez7.jpg

10 shots with my pedersoli gibbs 110 yards
552 new postell pure lead casting with brooks mold, resizing .450
lube 40% beeswax, 40% paraffin, 20% vaseline
70 gn. swiss n° 3, no wads
260yc13.jpg

six more shots with the same formula
1rwume.jpg

oj2u4k.jpg
[/quote]

200 meters, which would be your about 220 yards the first test five hits (two of which are in the same hole) went slightly to the right
259kbk9.jpg

the second time I made ​​the center with four shots
2pzclt3.jpg

Custom bullet mold, like a Miss Universe with fishnet stockings and miniskirt underarm.
This is a bullet mold nose pour molds adjustable to make patched bullets manufactured by KAL Tool & Die - Canada
akfntc.jpg

This a good shot
20k2gz.jpg

That is some excellent shooting. What kind of sighting system in on your Gibbs? Again, great shooting. And nice looking bullets.

Thanks for the praise, I can not understand why the photos are not seen together.
Still use the original sites, diopters and galleries.

gibbs-g.jpg

They are 3 years that I have this gun, I bought it used from a person who shot very little because it has poor eyesight and the diopter could not shoot.
The gun in the photo I found on the web but it is the same as mine, and the barrel of the original company pedersoli.

Saltner:
Will you shooting for Italy and be bringing your Gibbs to the USA this fall to shoot in the MLAIC world match?

It would be wonderful but unfortunately my pockets do not allow this.
I participate in some shooting competition at the 220 and 550 yard but for bolt action and ex ordinance, so I do not belong in any category, I do it just for fun.
I do not participate with more bolt action, because I got bored and I have already shown that they have good rifle and to be able to reload and shoot, I won several races in previous years at 220-330 and 550 yards.
Now I have achieved peace and meditation with the muzzle-loading.

Beautiful rifle and bullets and great shooting. I enjoyed this report. Impressive accuracy with that setup.

Beer coaster wads?
20% Vaseline?

Never seen those words before in a discussion on ML range activities.
Those bullets are beauties. Accuracy is outstanding.
I'm impressed.

the lube I do with this formula 40% beeswax, 40% paraffin, 20% vaseline,
but recently I have experienced the citronella candles against mosquitoesmy lube :shock: it works great and smells of lemon
2iqg604.jpg

Beer coaster wads?
Practically use the cardboard coasters and beer with a cutting die from .047 and revenue wads to interpose between powder and bullet.
3081_258.jpg

786px-Bunch_of_beer_coasters_(6).jpg

Wow!!.... mosquitoesmy citronella lube?.... OMG.

You keep this up and someday you will be voted into the Muzzleloader Entrepreneur Hall Of Fame. :yeah:
I'm just not sure where it's at in Pennsylvania (most likely destination) - or how to get there. :wink:

does this mean I have to start frequenting bars again? Oh no, I had to stop that years ago. There was a time I didnt know what a hangover was. Now If I go too far, Im dizzy for 2-3 days afterward. I DID finally learn to have a beer or 2 and quit. :D

With your PP bullet, try no wad at all since the PP has a slight cavity base.. We've found (30-40 shooters) shooting these rifles that 85-90gr Swiss 2F gives the best results, even out to 1000 yards (a few still shoot 75gr Swiss 3F) using nearly the same bullet as you.

Attachments

• 03 04 Group ORSA.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2,779
I also tried without wad and increase the charge of 5 grains at a time up to 100 but shoots well with soft loads.
I also tried harden the alloy with tin with various proportions 1:20, 1:30, 1:40, 1:60 but goes best with pure lead.

Hmmm.. Not surprising at all the pure lead works best, it does for most of us too. Although I know some who've had success with hardness up to 1:30.
Are you shooting from a rest? Rear support? We shoot off cross sticks or sling and wrist rest.
You shouldn't be disappointed with what it doing so far.

Saltner said:
I also tried without wad and increase the charge of 5 grains at a time up to 100 but shoots well with soft loads.
I also tried harden the alloy with tin with various proportions 1:20, 1:30, 1:40, 1:60 but goes best with pure lead.

With all the odd-ball ingredients you use and mentioned here, I was thinking the tin you used came from the former Rin-Tin-Tin. :mrgreen:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046576/

52Bore said:
Hmmm.. Not surprising at all the pure lead works best, it does for most of us too. Although I know some who've had success with hardness up to 1:30.
Are you shooting from a rest? Rear support? We shoot off cross sticks or sling and wrist rest.
You shouldn't be disappointed with what it doing so far.

For maximum precision and evaluate experiments, shot with sandbag front and rear.
Also because in the shooting range where the shot is not the ability to shoot on the ground with the belt.

Saltner:
FYI: Target Rifle in Australia is an excellent book for this type shooting.

Back