Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you overpaid for 125.00. I think that's a great price. Keep it clean and it should work well for many years.

You did ok on price. I've paid less, and I've paid more. I currently own 3 LK/Wolverines and a bunch of MK-85's. I wouldn't sweat $125. When you think about it, $100 bucks doesn't go very far any more. It won't pay for a nice date, and barley fills my trucks tank. You got a quality barrel, good trigger, and overall fine muzzleloader that if taken care if your grandkids will shot one day.

Okay. That was a lot of fun! Took the ole girl out and sighted it in last night. 10 rounds with just a dry patch between each round to swab the barrel. Standard Winchester #11 primers. 50 yards to the target. Shot 1 was not even on the board behind the paper target, but I’m pretty sure I moved. I was very impressed with how quickly the gun responds to the trigger. My old Blazer had a slight delay between the primer snap and the charge going off. No where near as much delay in this setup! Started with 80 grains of Pyro, but bumped it to 100 after the 2nd shot. I just liked the feel a bit more. Probably no actual significant difference. Just in my head. :)

Got a bit more stable for shots 2 and 3. Adjusted the sight up a bit and discovered 4 had not moved much. The rear sight was waaaaay off! So the adjustments between 5, 6, and 7 were larger. I left it set up after 7. Happy with 8. We started to lose light, so it was tough to see the red dot for 9.

Interestingly, shots 1-6 were with the 300 grain Powerbelts. 6-9 were 240 grain Hornadays. And just for fun I did a 10th shot after the pics with another Powerbelt. Took out the #7 I had drawn with the edge of the hole touching the red! I guess the Powerbelts and Hornadays have pretty similar trajectory at 50 yds.

VERY HAPPY with my little $125 investment!!! Deer season opens in 8 days.

44EB67A4-A169-4D30-A7AA-4EFA9296B600.jpegA97564AD-29C8-463B-92FA-DA21C25FDDA7.jpeg

I too have been playing with a LK-93. So far my best loads have been the Hornady Great Plains, a #11, and 85 grains by volume of T7 FFF. No sabots in Idaho. I had two fail to fires on RWS #11's last time I shot. The went off on the next pull of the trigger.

I too have been playing with a LK-93. So far my best loads have been the Hornady Great Plains, a #11, and 85 grains by volume of T7 FFF. No sabots in Idaho. I had two fail to fires on RWS #11's last time I shot. The went off on the next pull of the trigger.

I would suggest you change your #11 nipple. If the hammer has dropped enough time the head of the nipple suffers.

This is the nipple that I have found works great!

Spitfire_Nipple.jpg

More information

There is a down side - sorta.

1. You need a good brass capper to install the cap on the nipple post.

Once installed correctly there is only 2 ways to get the cap off the nipple post
1. Shoot it off
2. Pry it off with a knife blade

MSM-Spitfire.jpg

Traditions__11_Capper.jpg

That is the same capper I use, but I doubt I could find those nipples around here. I'll poke around a bit tomorrow when I make my weekly grub run.

Back