Hello from Southern Kentucky

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tallbald

Reaction score
Hi. I'm Don from Southern Kentucky, and I'm fairly new to and inexperienced in the black powder arts. I've been a cartridge shooter almost 50 years, but in some ways lost my enthusiasm for the almost clinical cleanliness of that form of shooting. I still love all guns, particularly single action revolvers, but in the last several years my shooting love has gravitated towards the almost Zen process of loading and shooting black powder weapons. I have and enjoy three garden variety stainless Ruger Old Army's (7.5 inch barrel adjustable sight versions) and have become pretty proficient with round ball shooting. I make my own felt wads , have cast a few balls at a friend's shop, and understand the process fairly well.
Yesterday the Big Brown Truck delivered to my home my first inline muzzleloader, a CVA Optima V2 pistol in .50 caliber. With 209 ignition, it's different of course from anything I've ever owned or shot. I do have a lot of questions about shooting my Optima, and am having trouble finding information I need. I'm a member of several other shooting forums but black powder is not the main focus in them. I still participate happily of course, but my interests in muzzle loading run deeper that some other forums explore.
I hope to be able to contribute to this forum, and hope to be viewed as a member who asks intelligent, reasonable questions.
I appreciate being allowed to join. Don

Its good to have you here Don. You will find no shortage of people that share your passion for muzzleloaders here! There have been a few write ups on your new Optima on here and I'm sure those people will chime in. Looking forward to what a shooter of your experience can add to our discussions.

:applause: :applause:

WELCOME ABOARD Don :!: :!: :!:
Glad you could join our group. A lot of friendly muzzleloader shooters here that are always willing to share the knowledge. Enjoy the stay :yeah:

Ray........... :wink:

Nice to have you here. And that Optima is a great rifle. I sure like mine. Sounds like the Black Powder Bug has got you good. :D

Welcome TallBald.

Where exactly do you live in KY? I was born and raised in Madisonville. I grew up fishing and hunting (squirrels and rabbits mostly) in that part of the country.

Great fishing around KY Lake and Barkley Lake.

BuffKiller

Welcome :applause: Someday a Ruger black powder pistol may find it's way to my house, I've read that they are good shooters and they sure do look nice. :yeah:

The Optima pistol is also appealing to me. I have read a few reviews of them and all have been positive, I believe one review was on here by Busta IIRC.

found one
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20984&hilit=+cva+pistol

Welcome aboard from Lincoln's birthplace! (Hodgenville)

Be blessed

Back