Bullet Casting (Sub forum?)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Is it possible to start a sub forum on Bullet Casting, Molds, tips, tricks, etc.? I think it would be really nice to have, instead of it getting intermingled with other threads. I know i would use it! Showing off molds, how i run them etc. Just a thought

Anyone else with me here?

Re: RE: Bullet Casting (Sub forum?)

Idaholewis said:
Is it possible to start a sub forum on Bullet Casting, Molds, tips, tricks, etc.? I think it would be really nice to have, instead of it getting intermingled with other threads. I know i would use it! Showing off molds, how i run them etc. Just a thought

Anyone else with me here?
Good idea

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I would like that also, as you mentioned there is a lot to casting that could be shared with its own forum.

GREAT IDEA!!! I'd like to share what I do to help people to cast perfect bullets and help reduce the number of wrinkled bullets that first come out when starting casting. I'm sure we all have our tricks that we do that we all can learn from.

Saxtonyoung said:
I would like that also, as you mentioned there is a lot to casting that could be shared with its own forum.

There really is a LOT to it, it took me a fair amount of time to get where i am now, i still have plenty to learn! I think a Sub Forum with anything/everything Casting related would be really beneficial! From bullet molds to the alloy that we put in em, and everything in between.

edmehlig said:
Including Lube Recipies

EXACTLY!! That kind of stuff gets buried in other threads/topics and it’s a shame! Especially when you can’t find it again? :huh?:

the cast bullets form is very good but i agree one stop shopping here would be nice

bp45cal said:
the cast bullets form is very good but i agree one stop shopping here would be nice

That place is a total “SNOWFLAKE” ran joke. I was 54bore there, i was permanently banned, what mortifying offense could I possibly of done to be permanently banned? For being honest, I called out a CULL LIAR, and i warned others about him through PM. One of the more respected Old timers/MOD emeritus of that place Publicly calls it “SNOWFLAKE” ran on another forum, I wouldn’t go back there if i were asked to!

Now, Let’s make an AWESOME casting Sub Forum here! I think it will do good!

That sounds great to me. I know I’d have lots of questions.
Magnum

I think it would definitely be beneficial.....maybe tie a range report or two directly to a specific mold & ML's??

Oat8SuB.jpg

lsUcrUL.jpg

y5E9njb.jpg

Whatcha got there Squeeze? Some BIG heavy bullets that’s for sure! Accurate molds Paper Patch or Sabot mold at bottom?

On the bottom is an accurate sabot mold .452, drops at about 308 grn Middle is a .50, .45 and a .36 conical for a fast twist. I have a bunch, just not a lot of photos. I like small calibers, and oddball stuff.

Squeeze said:
On the bottom is an accurate sabot mold .452, drops at about 308 grn Middle is a .50, .45 and a .36 conical for a fast twist. I have a bunch, just not a lot of photos. I like small calibers, and oddball stuff.

That .36 is EXACTLY like something I’ve wanted to do!! I have talked about it for a long time, Having a fast twist .36 Cal that would shoot a 200-250 Grain bullet, I would want it HEAVY, 1” across the flats and fitted in a Hawken, or a Renegade stock. Would Be 1 BAD little dude!!!

Details on the rifle you are shooting this in?

I have a 14 twist .36 now that shoots those great. they are ~270 grain. but its built really light,(Oregon barrel I think less than 1") and I dont want to push it too much. I have a 9.3mm krieger barrel 14 twist on order (.358-.366) that is going on an omega action. I want to try them in, or shoot .35 whelen bullets in. That should be my groundhog/coyote rifle if I can get it going. I built the first one just as a test, and it outshoots me. It even shoots 100 grn .311 XTP in a .36 sabot really well. The prototype is great for closer, its about a 6# gun, and i'm just not comfortable pushing it up to the hot zone.

Great idea - I use castboolits site- believe it would be an excellent addition to forum for both inline and traditional (I shoot both, and believe quite a few other members do the same)

Back