100gr APP Sticks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Loaded up my first ever Stick :!:

100gr Super Stick dropped right down the fouled bore of the CVA Accura and the 300gr XTP - MMP-12 sabot went right on top of it with ease.

The Jim Shockeys Gold is a lot finer than the regular APP 2f - 3f so im really wanting to try that 3f in my flinters! JSG supposed to have a lower temp setoff rating.

APP006.jpg

Super Stick didn't rub the sides of my barrel or cut anything off the pellet. I already have 3 shots on this dirty bore and it loaded without a problem.
APP-1.jpg

How fragile are the sticks? If you seat the bullet too hard, will they crumble?

they are pretty solid, no crumbling of stick. They sound like porcelin when you tap them together. I loaded the xtp hard onto the stick and didn't feel any compression or breakage.

300gr XTP mag fits nicely along with a 150gr Super Stick inside of Lanes powder tubes.
APP019.jpg

I guess i'd be willing to try the sticks in .45 just to compare then to the PB pellets. My only concern would be how a Powerbelt would seat on top of a stick. The pellets are conveniently sized to actually fit into the PB skirt. The sticks on the other hand look flat on each end.

Latest posts

Back