11-87 trigger issue

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doegirl

Reaction score
I have an 11-87 that has developed AT LEAST 1/8" of creep or play in the trigger. I can literally wiggle the trigger back and forth, it acts almost like a two stage trigger. The gun has been stripped down and cleaned. The problem is still there. I tried to shoot trap today and had to quit. :evil: Sometimes I could slam the trigger back past the creep, sometimes not. Does anyone know of any aftermarket triggers for these guns? Or take it to a gunsmith and see what he can do? Gun has about 400 rounds thru it.

if the creep wasnt there to start with, but developed over time to the point that its excessive, id take it to a gunsmith. it might even be unsafe if a pin or screw has wriggled its way loose. i dont think theres much of an aftermarket trigger market for shotguns . . .

of course, if the gunsmith says there isnt anything wrong with it, i havent always found creep to be much of a hindrance with shotguns. i just take up the slack before i shoot. i dont really squeeze the trigger on a shotgun, its more of a slap at the instant the sight picture is right

n8dawg6 said:
of course, if the gunsmith says there isnt anything wrong with it, i havent always found creep to be much of a hindrance with shotguns. i just take up the slack before i shoot. i dont really squeeze the trigger on a shotgun, its more of a slap at the instant the sight picture is right

I should clarify. At times I can "slap" through and the gun fires. Other times, I cannot. The creep is not consistent. There is no way to "safely" take up the slack, sometimes it's there and barely detectable at other times. I'm afraid I'll just end up peppering the traphouse! :shock:

The trigger is defective and is a warranty issue, send it back to Remington. Also I believe there are after market triggers available for the 11-87, call the tech line at Brownells and they can steer you in the right direction.

Doe Girl as rifleman says send it back they will probably give you a whole new trigger. What ever you do please DO NOT PUT A LITE TRIGGER PULL ON A SHOTGUN. It will cause flinching if you shoot a lot.
Redclub

The trigger is defective and is a warranty issue, send it back to Remington

Good advise here doegirl.. I would certainly get the gun in the hands of a smith.... How old is it?

Back