# 11 Precussion Cap

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wvjoetc

Reaction score
I've been using Remington percussion caps for as long as I can remember, I guess because I am a loyal user of their centerfire primers. I was going to the range today to shoot some and stopped to pickup some #11's and they were out and had to settle on CCI. What a difference, ignition was much quicker in both my TC Renegade and Traditions 50's. Any other care to share their thoughts on this? Thanks,

Joe

All I ever use is the CCI caps. Had problems with Remington's weak 209 primers years ago when reloading shotshells. Saw no need to try Remington #11's.

CCI's are a little hotter than most, but they are undependable in damp weather. The most dependable in my experience are the RWS caps by Dynamit/Nobel. We tested them by soaking them in a jar of water for 30 minutes and then tapped the water out of them, placed them on the nipple and they fired. They have a good laquer sealant on the paper. CCI's have to be changed out from time to time in damp weather or you can wax them to the nipple.

RWS for me also. All I've ever used, not one time ever have they let me down. To my knowledge, they are the hottest #11's.

mcp said:
RWS for me also. All I've ever used, not one time ever have they let me down. To my knowledge, they are the hottest #11's.

I like the RWS primers best too. They give the tightest fit on all my rifles, both inline and sidelock. Very weather resistant. Do you suppose the 1075 designation stands for size 10 3/4? Just a bit smaller than #11?

#11 caps I use are Winchester Magnum, CCI Magnum (same as the Winchester), Remington 40% hotter, Dynamite Noble RWS 1075.

The one cap I will not use is the standard CCI caps.

cayuga said:
The one cap I will not use is the standard CCI caps.

I bought some of those by mistake one day, those were the lamest things I ever tried to shoot.

Back