12ga Pedersoli for waterfowl

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avohill

Reaction score
Ive been doing a lot of shooting q=with my new pedersoli 12ga. Its a great shooting gun and I've worked hard to develop a load that consistently takes clays at 20-30 yds. I'm still a bit worried I'm not going to have the power and range to take geese with it. Have any of you guys had consistent success with modern SxS shotguns?? I know you guys will ask the chokes my barrels measure .71 & .72 at the end so that'd be improved-cyl & cyl

Last edited:
No experience hunting waterfowl but your answer lies in patterning your gun at an appropriate range and keeping within the limits that gives you. And of course changing stuff (wads or cards in various places, buffer or filler material, etc) if you dont like the results

As to killing power shot size and material are the same no matter how it is sent down range, and you can see on old boxes and rounds the "X drams equiv" - usually 2.5-3 but big super mag loads could go higher. 27 grains per dram so 3 drams is basically 80gr of 2F or the same volume of any of the substitutes.

It's a good gun.

With the right shot size load etc it's good at the same...

You need to shoot the bird and see too... I find the clays hard to kill. Load it and shoot one.

I though the same man while buying my Shotgun like is this any good for???... like these things are maybe weak or worse pattern or always don't fire. Like maybe they're just novelty gun s now for the wall....

There good guns that work

Last edited:
Musket caps!!! .

Yes the #11 work .. it's setup for #11 factory. I wanted to keep it that way. I tried musket caps to try and there just easyer to handle. It's nice

Latest posts

Back